Options

Give up on studying for CWNA and move onto CCNA?

I have failed the CWNA exam twice now.

I'm going on holidays tomorrow for a couple of weeks and was planning on passing the CWNA exam today and then starting prep for the CCNA when I got back.

Now I'm not sure whether I should give the CWNA exam another go or move onto the CCNA.

I hate the idea of giving up on the CWNA considering I was close both times but I'm not really interested in it.

While studying for the exam the second time my thoughts were along the lines "I just want to get this over with so I can move onto the CCNA"

I'm definately more interesting in the CCNA and plan on moving into the working world of Cisco.

Any advice?

Would it be a complete waste giving up on the CWNA considering I'm close to passing it and know exactly what I need to study to pass?

Should I just move onto the CCNA because that's what I'm really interested in? Cut the CWNA loose and forget about it?

Cheers.
"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To me, it's like going to school and completing 80% of schooling then quitting and not ever getting your degree.

You invested all the time and money into this cert, finish it up and get some of your investment back.

Try to force yourself to be motivated to learn the subjects while reading. Try to find a study partner to help you study for your CWNA. Do whatever it takes but finish the cert. Only time I recommend switching certs is if you have a time sensitive issue you are facing, like you need to get your MCSE to get a raise in 3 months.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    My problem is I create time sensitive situations!

I'll tell myself, "Right you have to have CWNA by the end of June, CCNA by the end of November etc."

Definately something I need to stop doing and just study what I like and do the exam only when I'm good and ready.

I'm going to do the exam again after I get back, would be too much of a waste not to, especially considering I know what I need to study to definately pass.

Doesn't really matter that I complete it later than I planned I guess.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OMG. I did the time sensitive deadline thing for my last few exams, and I swear I've aged 15 yrs over the last 18 months. The stress is just not worth it. I too will now just study at a natural pace, enjoy my life, and schedule an exam when I feel I'm ready. This will take longer, but it'll be more enjoyable and I'll perform better.
    Certified Lunatic.
  • Options
    jeverydayjeveryday Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The CCNA isnt exactly a breeze either. i would finish with the CWNA first.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    jeveryday wrote:
    The CCNA isnt exactly a breeze either. i would finish with the CWNA first.
    I was going to say that the CCNA is a good deal tougher than the CWNA. It's the same type of network material too, and requires extra knowledge of IP addressing, networking protocols, hardware network devices, and competency with the IOS command line.

In what areas of the CWNA exam did you do the worst?
  • Options
    LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would it be a complete waste giving up on the CWNA considering I'm close to passing it and know exactly what I need to study to pass?
    Cheers.

You may not be interested in it anymore and that's fine but I would definately go sit for the exam. You invested so much time to study for it so go for it. It will look good on your exam regardless. :D