Easiest Microsoft cert

IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm wanting to start my Microsoft path, but I would like to know what is easiest. I want to get a feel for how the tests are. I understand that going after 70-270, 70-271, 70-272 and 70-621 would give me four certs, but what test is easiest of all certifications?
Working on: NOTHING
Left To Do: EVERYTHING

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I could choose between the above it'll be 70-270 ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Really? I'd put the MCDST (271 & 272) stuff below 270.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The 270 is usually underestimated in terms of it's difficulty. I found it to be harder than the server exam (70-215). I have not taken the MCDST exams, but I have heard that they are easier than the 270.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    From personal experience I would say that the 70-271, followed by the 70-272 then the 70-270 in that order for easiest to hardest. But that's just my opinion.

-Ken
  • richyfivealiverichyfivealive Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found 270 quite in depth i would go for 70-620 that was a walk in the park!!!
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I must admit that I never really looked into the other ones but found 70-290 quite easy .. I haven't taken the exam yet as I don't go for the 2003 route ( I can only judge by the transcender and Microsoft prep exams from the books) ... but it was just me anyway .. which exam I find EXTREMLY easy is 70-620 .. I know they are hardly a good guideline, but I went through the exam prep questions from the book and had 95% ...

I think the hardest client exam I had so far was 2000 Professional lol .. it was full of Active Directory and when I took it I haven't even looked at it (AD that is) ...

But I think it really depends what you did / done before IT wise .. I am working in a hosting company and 70-501 was so easy that I passed with 981 .. which is probably one or two questions wrong ... a friend of mine failed with 450 .. so it really depends ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    620 is the easiest.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, I've decided that brad- had a good point.. I could do 3 tests and get 4 certifications.. MCP, MCDST, MCTS, and MCITP. That's getting more bang for the buck.. so for now, I'll start out with 271, 272, and 621. After that, I'll move onto 290, 291, and 270 for the MCSA.

I have some study material and, of course, I'll use the Tech Notes from this site, but do you think that is enough? What do you all suggest?
  • vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depending on what your looking for, I wouldn't advise making a decision based on what gets you more certs. If you want to make yourself more marketable, take that into account as well. I think an MCP with the 270 makes you more marketable than the MCDST (271 and 272), considering that you have A+. The 271 and 272 starts to look redundant after having A+ and 270, and that time could be applied to the 290.

Either way, no decision is a wrong decision, unless you decide to do nothing, in which case, I guess some decision could be a wrong decision...or is it...I can't decide. icon_sad.gif
    Certified Lunatic.
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm wanting to start my Microsoft path, but I would like to know what is easiest. I want to get a feel for how the tests are. I understand that going after 70-270, 70-271, 70-272 and 70-621 would give me four certs, but what test is easiest of all certifications?

All of them are difficult in my point of view, with some more difficult than others. There is no easy answer to this question. This all depends on your experience. Those that have experience in something will find it easier than the total clueless ones icon_lol.gif

Others here have mentioned the MCDST. Are you considering this perhaps? If so, I did find this the easiest out of the MS lot.
  • IA-DaigakuseiIA-Daigakusei Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually, yes, I am going to go through with the MCDST (70-271 & 70-272). After which, I will go after 70-621, in order to get my MCTS and MCITP. Someone from an earlier post mentioned that way gets the most 'bang for your buck'. Three (3) exams which will give me four (4) certifications. Much later, I'll tackle the MCSA.. I'm wanting to have reached my MCSA before I graduate from college, next year.

I've taken time off from working to finish my degree and beef up my resume with certifications before I go back into the workforce. I was an electronics technician, but I'm looking to get more so into the IT field. I figured I'd give myself this time to get as much done as possible.