Options

VCP salaries continue to rise

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Rich Brambley updated the average salary in the US for someone with a VCP on his blog. Nice to see it has continued to rise every 6 months for the last year and a half.

Comments

• Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Wow very cool. I think I might start heading towards virtualization. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm just hoping it lands me a job. As hot as it is, and as good as IT is in the Twin Cities, there's only three VCP postings on the job boards (last I checked anyway). Hopefully there are recruiters out there looking at resumes or something. I guess I should focus on the prep and worry about that later, eh?
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Get in the class and get your VCP. Get as much hands on as you can.

It's hot now, but always keep in mind that eventually it's just going to become ubiquitous and a part of what every admin needs to know. It'll be hot as people keep deploying it initially. Ride the wave to get into more design work and project management related to it.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had the class last week and my exam is scheduled for 8/4. I have two HP DL360 G3s on the way (I actually just unpacked one!), so I should be good.

Running in Workstation 6.5 was a drag. Virtualization within virtualization with Workstation running debugging was not pleasant.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Ride the wave to get into more design work and project management related
    to it.
    Yup. +1, grab a board and go surfing. ;)