4 more Microsoft beta exams available

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
As posted on "So, a booth babe and a geek walk in to a bar..." there are 4 public betas open right now:

71-654: TS: Windows Essential Business Server 2008, Configuring
71-660: TS: Windows® Internals
71-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
71-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance

The Windows Internals one looks interesting (to me) and the objectives for it are available here.

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So can we take free beta testings for this? and keep the certs?
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jbaello wrote:
    So can we take free beta testings for this? and keep the certs?
    Yes they are free of charge, and assuming you pass then yes you will receive the certification (they are all MCTS level) once the exam is finalized a couple months afterwards.
    Any other free beta exams right now? so I can take some more certs to impress the ladies?
    astorrs wrote:
    As posted on "So, a booth babe and a geek walk in to a bar..." there are 4 public betas open right now:

71-654: TS: Windows Essential Business Server 2008, Configuring
    71-660: TS: Windows® Internals
    71-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    71-448: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance

The Windows Internals one looks interesting (to me) and the objectives for it are available here.

This looks interesting Windows Internals? hmmm, I know I would like to take Essential Business Server 2008 & MSSQL 08... but it might be a pain to study SQL, I peeped at someone taking a SQL exam when I took my Exchange, I was so disgusted...
    What was the other free cert everyone was taking and talking about? I wonder if it's still available...
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    jbaello wrote:
    What was the other free cert everyone was taking and talking about? I wonder if it's still available...
    Hyper-V, and no the beta was over last month.

I don't know of any other Microsoft ones that are publicly available (there are always privates going on but those are by invite only).
    Snap I missed this, it's the virtualization of windoze 08 right? lol it seems microsoft is going crazy with more certs... Maybe as soon I do my CCNA I might rethink M$ certs... I wanna relax someday...
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks for the link! I've signed up for all 4 exams!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the link! I've signed up for all 4 exams!

You're an animal!

I'm not really interested in any of them. I have zero SQL experience, and am not interested in small business or development.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I'd sign up for the Essential Business Server but I don't feel like I diverting my studies from the RHCE.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    RHCE FTW and congrats on MCSE...
    Where did you guys signed up for this?
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    On the Prometric websites .. those invitations include a promo code which you use on the checkout of the Prometric exam to get it for free ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p