I passed..what a day

meltingmanmeltingman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
So after much studying I passed on my first try.

They had issues getting my test to come up, I waited a little over an hour. I wasn't about to reschedule lol.

Just an insight, the test was harder than I thought, but I have never held an IT job or worked anywhere near the field. So I couldn't pull from any experiences I ever had, just what I read.

So now, onto another cert!

YAY!

Comments

• unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. Welcome to the addictive world of certification fulfillment.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What are you going after next?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    good job! :D
    WIP: IPS exam
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • meltingmanmeltingman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is addictive! The rush of seeing the computer saying Congratulations You Passed
    Plus now I can brag to all my IT friends who don't have any certs lol

I am most likely going for security+

But the A+ 's look very inciting
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Good job.. Whas was ur score?????
    close to MCSA!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I've heard rumors that Security+ is harder than Network+ so make sure you study extra hard if you do that one next.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. Good luck on the next exam, too. I can recommend waiting with Security+, as it encompasses a lot of different things you may not have experience with yet. The more you know ahead of time, (like Windows Server, Linux/Unix, routers & switches, mail servers, etc.,) the more you get out of studying for the exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass. Good luck on the next exam, too. I can recommend waiting with Security+, as it encompasses a lot of different things you may not have experience with yet. The more you know ahead of time, (like Windows Server, Linux/Unix, routers & switches, mail servers, etc.,) the more you get out of studying for the exam.

Actually I think it goes both ways. The Security+ greatly helped me on my MCSE. It made 293, 294 and 298 concepts a whole lot breezier. On the other hand I can see doing those exams before the Security+ making the Security+ a bit easier. But I'm currently leaning more towards the Security+ being better to take before those exams because the Security+ will give you just the overview while the exams will actually go into some of the implementation.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    undomiel wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:

Actually I think it goes both ways. The Security+ greatly helped me on my MCSE. It made 293, 294 and 298 concepts a whole lot breezier. On the other hand I can see doing those exams before the Security+ making the Security+ a bit easier. But I'm currently leaning more towards the Security+ being better to take before those exams because the Security+ will give you just the overview while the exams will actually go into some of the implementation.
    It's a very good point, and I see where you're coming from with it. Still, I felt as if though a lot of things went over my head when I was studying for Security+, especially in more specialized areas like voice and mail security. Now, years later, when I'm finally learning about some of those things, I'm having a hard time remembering back to all the things I learned, and a lot of the facts and figures I memorized, in studying for Security+. I just felt like I could have gotten more out of it with the MCSA/MCSE, Linux+, and CCNA certifications already under my belt. Sort of like the saying "you have to understand the network before you can secure it".

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • meltingmanmeltingman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scored a 600. Ya I know it isn't the highest. I truly believe if I had any experience this test would have been better. Of course I had questions on the test I had no clue about. I had to convert binary to an IP addresses. Didn't study that lol. Also I had a question about which would be the most expensive to implement, the answers were similar to 10baseGR, 1000baseT and so on.
    Don't remember seeing that on my notes
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    meltingman wrote:
    I scored a 600. Ya I know it isn't the highest. I truly believe if I had any experience this test would have been better. Of course I had questions on the test I had no clue about. I had to convert binary to an IP addresses. Didn't study that lol. Also I had a question about which would be the most expensive to implement, the answers were similar to 10baseGR, 1000baseT and so on.
    Don't remember seeing that on my notes

Really? I don't remember studying or that being on the test. Lucky you i guess. icon_lol.gif

Hate to be a crab, but really you shouldn't talk about the questions, due to the Non-disclosure you signed before taking the test. Ultimately you could lose your CompTIA status if they found out you were talking about the specific questions. Just a heads up....icon_wink.gif

Security+ is definitely harder than A+. If you think your ready for security+, then go for it. If you'd rather take it slow and cautious, then A+.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)