Who else is working on the CCDP right now?

Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
I recall a few people saying that they were working on the CCDP. I'd like to get a role call to start an open discourse on the CCDP exam and act as an open study group. I used to work for a Cisco Partner so I'm going by the student guides that I got while there. I'm on lesson five, infrastructure services considerations.

What are you guys using to study?
CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
pbosworth@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/

Comments

• liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am working through the student guides as well, I am on Vol II lesson 3:VoWLAN Infrastructure
    Considerations. I am also reading through some of the Networkers presentations as well.

I have also started doing the 1st lab, although I want to dedicate more time to it...do a proper design guide.

include me in any discussions you want to have!

mark
    blog.insomniacnetwork.com
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    liquid6 wrote:
    although I want to dedicate more time to it...do a proper design guide.

include me in any discussions you want to have!

mark

Excuse the short derail!

I'm doing CCDA and I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm trying to build a design guide I can use for when I start actually working with this stuff.

It's definitely fun working through the case study in the Teare book and building everything like I would turn it in to the business.

I hope to catch up to you guys, but I doubt there's any chance! I'll enjoy seeing your study conversations. :D
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I bought the NLI CCDE Written Study Guide -- should show up today.

I figure it might be a good refresher for my old CCDA/CCDP and possibly a good review for some of the CCIE R&S and CCIE Security topics -- or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Tell us how that goes. At 300~ pages, I'm somewhat concerned...
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote:

That's not a lot at all for something Cisco related...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    darkerosxx wrote:

That's not a lot at all for something Cisco related...

I think that's his point ;)
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I recall a few people saying that they were working on the CCDP. I'd like to get a role call to start an open discourse on the CCDP exam and act as an open study group. I used to work for a Cisco Partner so I'm going by the student guides that I got while there. I'm on lesson five, infrastructure services considerations.

What are you guys using to study?

Add me to the list as previously mentioned, if life/other studies don't get in the way icon_wink.gif ....Same study resources from similar source. Still in initial stages of study. Fairly densely packed stuff.

Sounds like a great idea! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikej412 wrote:
    I bought the NLI CCDE Written Study Guide -- should show up today.

I figure it might be a good refresher for my old CCDA/CCDP and possibly a good review for some of the CCIE R&S and CCIE Security topics -- or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :D

Sounds like some of my justifications for spending money. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I was close to jumping on board and going after the DP, but I just purchased 1000 tokens with IE so I will be on the racks until christmas lol
    Yup, hear ya on that one....I am trying to gradually work on R&S Written at the same time but seem to be bouncing back and forth to ARCH. So, probably will knock that one out first(in terms of taking the exam) and then get back to the "real" world. :)icon_wink.gif

I never stopped studying for the CCIE Written. I'm always studying for that. -I just make time for design also.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    Yea, I am trying to approach them like studying for two college courses at the same time.

A light load for college, I guess. :)

Chugging along at a decent pace.. The job offer that I got had a hidden stipulation that I wasn't prepared for so I decided against the job. They wanted me to move to Houston permanently. I've got a interview next week for a network security company located here in BR. The job is primarily infrastructure and physical plant security so the stuff I'm studying is giving me a good refresher on secure networks. I'll probably spend some time going over my CCSP material in the short term though. I don't want to get caught on some dumb question that I should be able to answer because I'm out of practice.

Tonight's CCDP studies included advanced IP addressing, summarization design concepts, default routing, filtering, and advanced EIGRP design principles. I'll get through OSPF and BGP tomorrow. I'm leaving WAN technologies for Sunday, as that's a whole day by itself. I'm happy with myself that much of this is review but I'm learning a good bit which is always the goal :)
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just wrapped up OSPF and BGP optimization. I've been studying for the BGP/MPLS composite on the side for a while now so BGP went quickly. I'm on page 253 of the student guide vol 1. It's 2:30am so I'm going to hit the sack and get into Advanced WAN Services Design Considerations tomorrow.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    Looks like I have a little catching up to do.... :)icon_wink.gif Sorry to hear about the job situation but maybe the upcoming opportunity will be better.