Options

how many questions could I be away from a Win?

downloaddandownloaddan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
how many questions could I be away from a Win/pass?

I scored 580 out of 900
675 Is the pass mark I guess I was 95 marks off a Win
but how many questions would it of been
if I divide 900 by 100 that makes each question worth 9 Points so Technicaly I was 10 Questions
Wrong/off passing! Is that about right? icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I'd say that sounds about right.

Any particular area you were weak in? What exam were you taking? (Essentials? Technician?)

I'd say study hard for another month and go back and test.

Free study guides...
    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/a-essentials.asp
    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/a-technician.asp
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    I'd say that sounds about right.

Any particular area you were weak in? What exam were you taking? (Essentials? Technician?)

I'd say study hard for another month and go back and test.

Free study guides...
    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/a-essentials.asp
    http://www.cramsession.com/certifications/exams/a-technician.asp

10 question off!!

Im taking the Essentials one as well BTW the harder one so im told!

I seem to do really well on the practice questions on the CompTIA website get about 90% correct but then the real life test seems a lot more difficult than the practice questions! icon_study.gif
    crash.gif

Some of the more difficult Questions are Weighted with more points too them but I dont know how much more points they would be than the average questions
  • Options
    Might want to look into preplogic or a transcender for some practice exam questions. They aren't cheap by any means. But if your serious about passing and can afford it, they are great. The explain the right answers and more importantly explain why the wrong ones are wrong.
  • Options
    Might want to look into preplogic or a transcender for some practice exam questions. They aren't cheap by any means. But if your serious about passing and can afford it, they are great. The explain the right answers and more importantly explain why the wrong ones are wrong.

I Will look into that!

How are they different to the free practice tests? and are they based on the real thing?

I already have the A Plus Sybex Test Engine and them Questions seem relatively easier compared to the real thing! Also I seem to know them ones now in the back of my head having practised them so they are bound to be more easier to me.
  • Options

I Will look into that!

How are they different to the free practice tests? and are they based on the real thing?

I already have the A Plus Sybex Test Engine and them Questions seem relatively easier compared to the real thing! Also I seem to know them ones now in the back of my head having practised them so they are bound to be more easier to me.

I'm not sure how good the sybex ones are. Did they come with the book? (I'm assuming). I can't really speak for them, but I've heard some not too good things about practice exams that come with books. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Preplogic I have used extensively. There are generally like 200 - 400 questions depending on which test your taking. They are much like the real ones in terms of the question layout. No they are not the real questions, nor are considered brain ****. But the questions are very similar, both in context and layout of the question asked by CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, ect...

I feel like a salesmen at this point, so I might as well tell you that....Preplogic is running a 50% off all practice exams right now. So hurry while supplies last! icon_lol.gif
    http://www.preplogic.com/products/exams/view-practice-exams.aspx
  • Options

I Will look into that!

I'm not sure how good the sybex ones are. Did they come with the book? (I'm assuming). I can't really speak for them, but I've heard some not too good things about practice exams that come with books. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Preplogic I have used extensively. There are generally like 200 - 400 questions depending on which test your taking. They are much like the real ones in terms of the question layout. No they are not the real questions, nor are considered brain ****. But the questions are very similar, both in context and layout of the question asked by CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, ect...

I feel like a salesmen at this point, so I might as well tell you that....Preplogic is running a 50% off all practice exams right now. So hurry while supplies last! icon_lol.gif
    http://www.preplogic.com/products/exams/view-practice-exams.aspx

Yeah they did come with a book! They were layed out in the Exam style and everything
    but TBH they seemed a bit too easy and they made me think the real test would be like that.
    So when I went in for the real thing I was in for a bit of a shock realiseing it was gonna be a bit more harder than first assumed!
    but I will look into PreLogic Exams and see how I find them!
    thanks