WHICH ONE'S GOOD.......CCNA OR CCNP........

saad_mominsaad_momin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,
I wanna do something in networking.....Some of my friends & other closed ones adviced me to do CCNA. But some said me CCNP is better than CCNA.....
WHAT TO DO??????????
Thnx in advance,
Saad.
Need Help.....Ask Me.....

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    you have to complete your CCNA before you can get CCNP
    here's a link for you to check out

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/index.jspa?ciscoHome=true
    WIP: IPS exam
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    CCNA/CCNP are great certs in the Networking arena, however I do have to point out that they are geared towards Cisco equipment. Will you or are you working with Cisco equipment? If not, then I would recommend looking at Comptia's Network+ certification first of all and then look at the CCENT, which is half of a CCNA.

-Ken
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There both great certs, ccnp is a higher level than ccna. but as someone pointed out you cant do ccnp without doing ccna first.

As someone pointed out, the cisco track is orientated towards cisco gear but cisco, like MS, have a huge market share and are def worth taking if your looking to get into that field. Be aware there are other tracks from other vendors. i.e. Juniper. but cisco is the most popular track.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Its hard to read your question. Could you maybe make your text red and a large font next time? Thanks.
  • vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nel wrote:
    Be aware there are other tracks from other vendors. i.e. Juniper. but cisco is the most popular track.

I second that. Who still uses Juniper? Sorry Aldur. icon_sad.gif
    Certified Lunatic.
  • TryPingingTheServerTryPingingTheServer Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Its hard to read your question. Could you maybe make your text red and a large font next time? Thanks.

lol
    "His GPA is a solid 2.0. Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:

lol

double lol...my eyes hurt icon_shaking.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I initially thought "aww" and "lol" when I read the origional post but was amazed at how everyone managed to overcome that and give the poster some proper advice where to begin.

Mark of a great forum !
    Kam.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wish they'd use bold, red letters in all the books I read. Then maybe it would seem like the material is really important, and I'd pay better attention.
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BOTH! CISCO IS THE WAY TO GO

Remember to study hard and its CCNA then CCNP!!!
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    saad_momin wrote:
    Hey Guys,
    I wanna do something in networking.....Some of my friends & other closed ones adviced me to do CCNA. But some said me CCNP is better than CCNA.....
    WHAT TO DO??????????
    Thnx in advance,
    Saad.

There is no 'best' cert. 'Best' can only be used to describe where you are now. So if you are at a stage in your IT experience that you study for the CCNA, do that. CCNP is the next step above (if you choose to take that step).
  • dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    I second that. Who still uses Juniper? Sorry Aldur

Juniper is used, I have seen many a NetScreen firewall implemented.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:

Cute! :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.