Resolution

Hello,
I changed the resolution on my PC and when I restarted it a message came up saying "out of range 75.0kHz / 60Hz. The background is black and I do not get the log on screen. How to get back to normal, please.

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Boot the system in safe mode.

Press F8 during boot and choose Safe Mode from the Startup Menu.

You should then be able to adjust the display and reboot to start normally again.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    I tried the safe mode before and when I change the resolution it goes back to 640 by 480 pixels. Why is that?
    Last Good Know does not work either.
    I mean boot into safe mode, reduce the resolution and refresh rate.

Reboot into normal and set it correctly from there.

Or is this what you have done? You wont be able to set the resolution high in safe mode.
    Sie wrote:
    I mean boot into safe mode, reduce the resolution and refresh rate.

Reboot into normal and set it correctly from there.

Or is this what you have done? You wont be able to set the resolution high in safe mode.

I did boot into safe mode, tried to reduce the resolution but the it does not seem to apply. When I boot into the normal mode , still out of range.
    Where to find refresh rate? Right mouse click on the desktop and refresh? I did it too.
    The refresh rate is the setting you changed marked 50Mhz / 60Mhz etc??

It depends where this is under the options dependant on Video Card.

Unless you can advise what card you use and someone can advise you I might suggest removing the video driver in safe mode and rebooting in normal and re-installing it.

I know its along way round but the system cant boot with the incorrectly configured driver if its uninstalled??
    I did as you suggested, I mean I reinstalled the drivers, but it did not help. I decided to reinstall the system, though.
    Thanks for your help, anyway!
    Regards
    banderas
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You could have probably just uninstalled the video driver in safe mode and rebooted.