I failed again 465 score

lotion21lotion21 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I took the test today and man was some of the questions hard. It feels like being in a maze. I hate the senario questions. I will have to brush up on my weak areas. The way they word these questions suck. I will take it again in 2-3weeks.

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Network+ was a pain.

What material are you using?
    -Daniel
  • lotion21lotion21 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Network+ was a pain.

What material are you using?

Sybex Network+ and Mike Myers Network+ I think me being a little nervous messed things up as well. I'll keep trying till i get it.
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Keep up!!! 3rd one, you will make it...
    close to MCSA!!
  • lotion21lotion21 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep up!!! 3rd one, you will make it...

Man i was like 8 or 9 questions off. I can feel CompTia laughing all the way to the bank. I will be the one laughing next time.
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Yes, i can imagine $240 every time. I 'd be bankrupt by that time. Anyway, money doesnt matter when u want to certified your knowledge...
    close to MCSA!!
  • unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck next time. I failed my first time through. I like Mike Meyers work, but I don't feel like it was very pertinant to the test. Get em this time...
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    What areas are you having trouble in? I felt Network + was the easiest out of all my exams. Whats a passing score?
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    lotion21 wrote:
    I can feel CompTia laughing all the way to the bank
    Survey SAYS......OH BOY It's our Number 1 Answer!!!

Its a business first. They sell courses, and material, and TESTS. Anyone that has taken some of their tests in the recent year can see that a relative large portion of the test questions are so far removed from the study material and reality, they just aren't reasonable...which really takes away from the credibility of the company and the cert overall IMHO. It was about half rock dumb, half left field for me.

I think the reason they keep the pass rate so low is because they have to, to make up for those outrageous questions. You just have to absolutely know what you can possible know cold, and give it your best guess on the crazy ones. My guess is that if you get the ones you SHOULD get, you will probably pass if you can manage 30-40% on the ones they design for you to miss.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    brad- wrote:
    Its a business first. They sell courses, and material, and TESTS. Anyone that has taken some of their tests in the recent year can see that a relative large portion of the test questions are so far removed from the study material and reality, they just aren't reasonable...which really takes away from the credibility of the company and the cert overall IMHO. It was about half rock dumb, half left field for me.

I agree completely. Comptia isn't making their material more accurate to the industry or protecting the integrity of their exams, they are making their exams more esoteric. I could go on...
    -Daniel
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    hey read exam cram 2 Network + before you take the test. The other books, Mike Meyer, Sybex, are great the the Exam Cram is short and concise and backs up what you already know.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry mate...just brush up on your weak areas and keep trying....
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    human151 wrote:
    hey read exam cram 2 Network + before you take the test. The other books, Mike Meyer, Sybex, are great the the Exam Cram is short and concise and backs up what you already know.

+1

You could probably score high with just ExamCram2 and the free TechNotes on this site.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    The exam cram was what helped me the most on this exam, but I do remember they wanted you to be able to apply the knowledge so be sure you understand what you're reading.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Bummer. Just keep at it. Network+ can be tricky with all the questions coming from left field.

Are you using any practice exams? I would strongly suggest a practice exam from Preplogic or transcender and go through them until your scoring 90% or higher. The practice exams aren't cheap, but failing again is even more expensive.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try using the TestOut Network+ Tutorial. It comes with both video instructor and practice exams. That alone was enough for me, but I do have years of experience icon_wink.gif BUT I saw that it was a good study material specially for inexperienced individuals.

Try searching around, i'm sure you can get yer hands on a copy of it :P

And yesss, Donut give upP! By teh powah vested in me by the city and state of calamity you shall get certified!

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • DakinggamerDakinggamer Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im the same as you i failed first time as well..

allout.gif

My plan is to retake in first week of Nov. after I study more in some key areas and buy the Exam Cram 2 Net+ book that I heard is great on Amazon and here on the forums... :)
    Certifications:
    *Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology
    *CompTIA A+
    *CompTIA Network+

In progress:
    MCP (70-270), MCDST (70-271,70-272), MCSA(70-290,70-291)