How do you become a Security Architecture?

jungtaojungtao Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Whats the best plan of action to take.

I only have a BS Degree in MIS and Security + exam.

Will take the CCSA/CCSE in a few months. Work pays for it.

I am a network security analyst but want to be an Architect.

Anyone got any direct paths to take?

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    How many professional years of IT security experience do you have now?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Thats a very tough question to answer there is no set requirements for a security architect.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    From a Cisco perspective, it looks like you are headed down the CCNP/CCSP/CCIE Security track.
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i've often thought of becoming a golf club
    rm -rf /
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    jungtao wrote:
    Whats the best plan of action to take.
    I only have a BS Degree in MIS and Security + exam.
    Will take the CCSA/CCSE in a few months. Work pays for it.
    I am a network security analyst but want to be an Architect.
    Anyone got any direct paths to take?

CCSA/CCSE mean nothing other than the fact you configure firewalls. Becoming a Security Architect requires years of real world experience, intuition, and knowledge on a lot of subjects. My suggestion is to start reading on the NSA IAM, CISSP, CISM material all at once. Many will disagree on doing this, but there is enough overlap that if you studied it enough, you'd be able to pass all of them.

I've enough books to last me a few years with regards to information security governance and I can tell you, it is not as simple as many may think. I've over 10+ years experience and prefer the technical aspects of the industry over the politics and paper pushing. So short answer... Best plan: Study concurrently using NSA IAM, CISM, CISSP material. Head over to ISACA's website and understand as much as you can about the processes, procedures, policies, etc., that those who are already architects deploy, implement, study, etc.

http://www.isaca.org/Template.cfm?Section=Downloads10&Template=/TaggedPage/TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=63&ContentID=13742[/url]
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    darkuser wrote:
    i've often thought of becoming a golf club

I really love that quote icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security