Passed today

jrasorjrasor Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi group,

Passed today with 860.

I used Exam Cram 2 Network+, got 90% and 87% on the printed practice exams. I got 75% on the CD exam. This is similar to results by those reviewing the book at Amazon: many found the Cram exams harder than the real thing, especially the CD one.

I also used Total Seminars practice tests, bundled with a voucher. I averaged 85% on those 10 practice tests, getting somewhat better at the end (88%). Those questions prepare well for the actual exam, but are a bit buggy.

I recommend the Exam Cram 2 book and the Total Seminars tests as a study combo.

Comments

• Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats.... icon_thumright.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on a good score and a new certification!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • markgaskellmarkgaskell Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man....any feedback about the exam, main areas to study etc?

Thanks
  • normtnormt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done!!! Passed myself 06/08/04 with 833 used CBT Nuggets & Mike Meyers All in one book + Selftest software + other bits & bobs.... :D
    Elvis Lives!!! Thank you very much!!!
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Well Done! Great Score! icon_wink.gif
  • xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    i would also recommend the Exam Cram 2 book... its easy to read and there are quizzes after every section to see what you learned... also with the practice exams it comes with it is an incredible deal for $30
  • jrasorjrasor Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To markgaskell and Lagger:

Sorry to get back to you so late.

I grabbed the objectives from the CompTIA site, then made an outline out of that in Word using the Outline View. Then I got the study guide for Network+ from Cramsession, and distributed its parts into the objectives outline. This gave me a re-arranged study guide keyed exactly to the CompTIA objectives.

Then I started taking practice exams. For each missed question, I looked to see if the material was covered in my re-arranged study guide. If not, I went to the Internet and researched the material until it (1) covered the missed question and (2) made sense from an engineering point of view.

To all who offered congratulations:

Thanks to folks like you, we have a community of communicators. That's what networking is all about, helping folks help folks.

John R :)
  • GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mentosmentos Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats
    a+ n+ ccna
    studying for ccnp route
  • Kerry_20Kerry_20 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great Score.... Congrats!!!!!! :D

--Kerry
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    grats
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey "Congratulations" there! Ironically, tonight, I bought my first Network+ book (before I read your post) and it just happens to be ExamCram2. An "omen", it may be................
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • ashraf2000ashraf2000 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation

I pass the exam today 01-09-04 but i used the transcender similation i also recommand this web site
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I passed with Exam Cram2 & using the PDF from here (Johans) as a outline guide and I extremely over studied and KILLED the test.. :D I actually found the PDF from here to be my best resource.