Checkpoint certifications CCSA and CCSE

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
Checkpoint produces the premier firewall software known as Firewall-1. A recent survey showed that 41 percent of the CIOs asked, cited Checkpoint administration as one of the skills most in demand. (source: CertTimes June 2004)

Checkpoint offers several different certifications of which the following two are the most common and most recognized:

CheckPoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)This cert is aimed at professionals who install, setup, configure, and administer the basic features of VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG. CCSA requires passing one exam: Check Point NG with Application Intelligence - Management I

CheckPoint Certified Security Expert(CCSE) CCSE requires a CCSA and passing the exam:Check Point NG with Application Intelligence - Management II

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    The Sr. Network Administrator I work with has both the CCSA & CCSE and he calls them Choke Point.. :D
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    The Sr. Network Administrator I work with has both the CCSA & CCSE and he calls them Choke Point.. :D
    Is that because of the product or the certs/exams?

I think Check Point certs are a good addition to a list of security certs, partly based on its high demand. I'm going to give the CCSA a shot later this year. I've only 'seen' it running and the exam is mostly about software settings and utilities etc. so I'll have to 'play' with it a lot in addition to reading a study guide.

icon_idea.gif An evaluation CD can be ordered here: www.checkpoint.com/getsecure.html
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    He actually forget he even had the cert untill we were browsing through his folder. He has worked with it all, hes been in the game since day 1, and worked with the product for years and says nothing is even compariable to the Cisco PIX.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone know of any good CCSA practise exams?

I am thinking of taking the 2 day course, has anyone done it? Is it worth it or will a book and some "playing" around do it?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    www.examforce.com and www.boson.com have CCSA practice exams, perhaps you can google some reviews about their checkpoint exams in particular.
    Ok, thanks. Doesn't seem to be many Checkpoint people here
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    just did the ccsa/ccse 4 day course..paid ALOT FOR IT ( + free repeats) part of the security track program,i am doing at the training centre i go to.

will be doing the course again - trainer was a shambles...only ccsa qualified.(microsoft man)

got the sybex ccsa/ccse book ...but for the practicals u need the ccsa/ccse checkpoint management labs - book costs - i haveheard and restricted to training centres only.

It was easy to use... but, u need idea of type of attacks(security+ and maybe CEH(useful) ) and maybe ccna before hand.

Also u need to know about servers!
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    which training center is this?? New Horizons??

some of those traininers just cover the book chapter by chapter
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    brittannia-it
    london based.

each trainer as their own individual style.
    But, there is only one who is partly qualified!