Second Chance Promotion Retroactive?

montanablue2montanablue2 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anybody know if you can apply the second chance promotion retroactively? I've taken a couple CCNP exams multiple times in the last two months before I knew about the promotion. I'm guessing no but figured I might get lucky.
Pearson Vue customer tech has already told me no but sometimes the front line techs don't know the full story and just want to get rid of you.

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    if I understand your question right, I doubt you would be able to get a refund if you've already taken and paid for a retake of an exam

calling customer service is worth a shot though you never know what might happen especially if you complain enough, definitely try to get forwarded up the ladder
    WIP: IPS exam
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i would say probably not sadly mate
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    yea most likely not.. but call VUE anyway.. they are pretty nice people.. if anything it will give you peace of mind
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    your best bet to make it happen though is get bumped up to a higher command person
    WIP: IPS exam
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Does anybody know if you can apply the second chance promotion retroactively? I've taken a couple CCNP exams multiple times in the last two months before I knew about the promotion. I'm guessing no but figured I might get lucky.
    Pearson Vue customer tech has already told me no but sometimes the front line techs don't know the full story and just want to get rid of you.

montanablue2,

Have you tried logging into http://www.vue.com and tried to use the "second chance" code?
  • montanablue2montanablue2 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I just used it for the ISCW exam. I'm just hoping I could use it retroactively for the BSCI and BCMSN exams which I had to take twice to pass.