*Computer Book Trading*

sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
Computer Book Trading Post

Hello TE Members.

We have decided to try a new idea here for the benefit of our online community of computer professionals and aspiring professionals. We all know the price of computer books can be hard on the budget, especially when the books are only useful for passing an exam, and then you never seem to use it agin. While many books are valuable as desk top references, sometimes even with these our job responsibilities and interests can turn to other things. Sometimes, if you're like me, you buy every book in the book store and then once you get it home you find you don't really like it. Anyway, for whatever reason, we thought that by giving members the opportunity to "trade" computer books, everyone might benefit. To do this, however, we must all abide by certain rules (which may be modified as we see how things progress). Here they are:

1. Absolutley NO money is to change hands. You can trade book for book, or several books for a single book, but it must all be trading and no selling whatsoever.

2. Everyone pays their own shipping charges - see #1 above. The parties involved can decide on the type of shipping so as to keep costs and speed of delivery about equal for both parties.

3. When your book is no longer available, or the one you need has been acquired, you MUST edit your post out of courtesy to others to indicate you no longer need or have the book(s).

4. By posting here, you understand that TechExams.net is not an amazon.com or e-Bay.com store and takes no responsibility for any deals gone awry. Members trade at their own risk.

5. You must use the "Template" section of this post and copy/paste it into your post. Moderators may remove posts that do not use the template.

6. Use caution if you are concerned about privacy. This may mean you might want to use your work address for shipping instead of your home address. You may also find that posting your email address online could subject you to spam by bots that crawl websites looking for email addresses. I recommend using the PM function or at the very least obfuscating your email address if you do post it (i.e. someone****a+****yourdomain****d0t****c0m).

7. Be sure and use the Comments section if you need to specify particular Published dates, and it can help to include the ISBN if you know it.

Copy Template section below:
=========================================

Book(s) I am looking for:

Book(s) I have available to trade:

My Location (for shipping):

Contact me via:

Comments:
All things are possible, only believe.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    =========================================

Linux+ Cert books published in 2004 or later
    LPI Certification books
    Certified Ethical Hacker books

Several books on W2K/W2K3, Exchange 2K, ISA 2K.
    Several books on Perl
    Server+ and Security+ books
    Too many more to mention...

My Location (for shipping): Continental US

Contact me via: PM

Comments:
    All my books are in "excellent" or "like new" condition with very few exceptions.
    The books I am looking for don't have to be perfect, just decent. I don't mind dog-eared pages or some occasional highlighting/underlines.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Ill give 'er a try

Anything related to IP routing, preferably Cisco Press

A few C++, C#
    Sybex Network+, Exam Cram 2 A+
    Marathon Training Books (:D)

Ontario Canada

Contact me via:

PM

Comments:

My books are 98% new. I literally read through them once. No highlighters, dog ears etc.
  • rickjr13rickjr13 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's been awhile since this thread was active, but i just got down with my MS Press 70-290 book and I am looking for a 70-291 book. I am not really concerned with the server 2003 software that comes with it, I have it loaded already and have another 5 months til I need a new one. Hope someone can help me out.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like the idea behind this, but it would make more sense to have a Classified section for book trading only.

Classifieds > Books Needed
    Classifieds > Books Available

It would need a moderator, that's the only downside. But, I like the idea. I have many books I wouldn't mind trading. I would steer away from including a section for people to sell their lab equipment. It would involve money and that would get too complicated.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This RHCE

This CEH

UK

Contact me via:
    PM
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • LifelongLearnerLifelongLearner Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk, that's an excellent idea. We did something similar in our work years ago.

All us 'oldies' would give our certification books away to younder ones coming into our deparment to help them out with getting certified. I hope your idea really works and people don't abuse it. In our work, we helped many others and it worked out great.