So went to take the exam today and disaster (literally)

DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
First the lady didn't know I was coming. Then she locked herself out of the Prometric software and she had to call Prometric to reset her password. Then as we log in to start the test we get errors out the butt. We try another computer and it says "domain not available". Network guy gets called who said a switch went down with no ETA.

Great icon_mad.gif So nothing else was open today or tomorrow except the same place so I will try to retake the exam tomorrow, as long as they get a new switch in there and setup.

Fun day. icon_cry.gif
The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

Comments

• mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had to take my 291 in a small airport. Planes taking off and landing every 3-5 minutes, it drove me nuts, be happy that you have a choice icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Oh, I'm sorry for this setback, think that You could start and then the exam work not properly. Don't let this deconcentrate You too much.
    Good luck.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great. They just said they are down the rest of the week. Time to start looking elsewhere. Most places are booked, though, so this will be fun.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Keep on them. I heard they typically have spots saved for events like this. Just because you do not see any open slots in their portal, they may still have some.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    I have heard it time and again from many exams takers..having similar problems. What is this...a IT certification in 20th century or a pre school in 16th.

Is there any kind of a report / complaint that can be submitted to see that there is a quality at exam centers. We all work so hard ...students save and pay out of their savings and when u turn up at the exam center u have come back "prepared"...thats not fair.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nanga wrote:
    What is this...a IT certification in 20th century or a pre school in 16th.

We're actually in the 21st century; our situation is more dire than you imagined.

I was trying to figure out what IT would be like in the 16th, and I learned that was the century where the letter J was introduced into the alphabet and the graphite pencil was created. A new letter and a new writing utensil. It seems like things changed at a rapid rate back then too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_century#Inventions.2C_discoveries.2C_introductions
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Yikes. I almost wanted to complain about being locked in a tiny room where it was super hot, but I didn't. Oh wait. Hopefully you can get back in there and show that test who's boss.

Good luck!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    I was trying to figure out what IT would be like in the 16th,

This is what it was like:

http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=384212ca58138b544367
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've seen that before, but I completely forgot about it. Nice find! icon_lol.gif
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    mgeorge wrote:
    I had to take my 291 in a small airport. Planes taking off and landing every 3-5 minutes, it drove me nuts, be happy that you have a choice icon_lol.gif

Airport? Now that's a new one!
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    I was trying to figure out what IT would be like in the 16th,

This is what it was like:

http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=384212ca58138b544367

That video is the first thing I thought of when I read that. By the way, as of now the test is scheduled for next Tuesday. Hopefully I don't forget everything between now and then. :)
  • tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can feel your pain. I too have many complaints about the test centers I use. I actually called Prometric to complain and they directed me to this link:

www.prometric.com/appeals

you can request a reimbursement or full refund. I currently have a case open, so I'm not sure how it will pan out.
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg