Ready for the N+!!

aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
Well I'm about to buy the voucher and schedule the exam for this coming Friday. I been over the notes here and been though Mike Myers "All in One, Network Certification" 3rd Edition. I've even taken the free practice test from preplogic along with the free tests that came with the book and on this site. I appear to be passing, luckily!

Any last minute advice on where to get a good discount voucher or any further reading?

Comments

• rramos0712rramos0712 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will take my network+ certification this month. Does anyone know where can I buy a cheap voucher. My area is in ortigas center, Pasig. Philippines.

We'll deeply apprecaited any help that comes along..

God bless
  • somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    aidan80

Any last minute advice on where to get a good discount voucher or any further reading?

I can't help ya with the voucher but my advise to you would be to prepare for OSI questions and the functions of network devices and when to use them.

rramos0712 - how much will the test cost there in the phils? (in pesos) thnx

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    I am going to take it this month too!! Does anyone can help us w/ a cheap voucher??????
    close to MCSA!!
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    word of advice: don't underestimate the novell and apple material
    WIP: IPS exam
    Thanks.... I will go through again on those topics........
    close to MCSA!!
  • the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    www.totalsem.com has a good price on the voucher. $200. it also includes a practice testing software. im planning on taking the test on next friday. i feel pretty confident. ive been using the measureup practice tests and consistantly getting about 80-90%. Good Luck!
    Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+
    It says "The voucher program is only valid in the United States and Canada.". Do you have worldwide one? I live in SouthAmerica...
    close to MCSA!!
  • aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
    www.totalsem.com has a good price on the voucher. $200. it also includes a practice testing software. im planning on taking the test on next friday. i feel pretty confident. ive been using the measureup practice tests and consistantly getting about 80-90%. Good Luck!
    I took up the offer on totalsem.com and got my voucher there along with the practice tests. Actually wasn't a bad deal, the extra practice tests where very helpful and covered a few grey areas again for me!

I don't know where to get a voucher outside of the US/Canada.. I know it's obvious but have you tried google.. or even better try www.cuil.com

Good Luck!![/url]
  • learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    Well, did you take the test????
  • pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    looks like you passed?? according to you certs in ur bio. As for whats on the test, dont forget about Novell,MAC and Unix info, i would have passed if it wasnt for the testing being 80%. I had the OSI perfect on it but i got those threes protocols and other stuff mixed up, watch for Novell services theres like three if i remeber right but only connect to like windows or servers found that a bit confusing.
    Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!
  • aidan80aidan80 Member Posts: 147
    Yes I passed the N+ with a 750, I think I now have the OSI model etched into my brain. I'm seeing the stupid OSI model working away as I type this on layer 7.. thinking how it'll wiggle it's way out into the wild on layer 1 then back up the chain again on the other side. icon_lol.gif
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    hahahahaha! Congrats man! The OSI isn't a bad thing to know, and it comes up in other tests so now you have a 1 up.

Yeah, we all type our messages out at the application level HTTP, then send it down the presentation where it gets formatted, then down to session where this part is a little blurry to me... then down to the Transport layer where TCP grabs it for transporting.. then down to Networking for routing, then down to Datalink for physical addressing and the LLC makes it compatible with other protocols.. then down to the physical layer for bit syncronization and going on to the wire where it flies across the country in a few seconds then back up the OSI again on the other side.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics