Did a Maxwell Smart on the CWNA exam....

missed it by that much!

68%

TOTALLY failed the Network Security section with 33% and the Regulations and Standards with 50%.

OH Well.. rescheduled for the 5th of September.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sorry to hear that.

Good luck on the retake!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow. A lot of people have been taking this recently.

That's a rough score. You probably only missed it by one question. It seems like you'll be fine after a little review. I hated all the regulations and standards that were thrown at you; I really wasn't expecting to have to memorize all of that.

As far as security goes, do you remember getting many questions about it? I think I only got a few. It seems like they were saving all those types of questions for the CWSP. You probably only missed two out of three or something, so don't beat yourself up over that.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The chances of passing any cert exam on the second try is very good, so research those two domains well and you'll pass the next time for sure.
  • whistlerwhistler Member Posts: 108
    icon_eek.gif Okay that was a coincidence! The ad on the bottom of the screen was for the Get Smart TV series!

Truth to tell I blank on exam questions once I leave the room. I know the last 5 or 6 questions of the exam were on site surveys.

I knew I should have left the reschedule where it was and read more.

OH WELL!!
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    I did the worst on the 802.11 standards section when I took it as well, but I made 100% on the security section, so I really got bailed out there. Best of luck on your second try; You should do fine. Let me know if you need help preparing.
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Focus on your weak points for the next time!

I failed twice (by about 4% each time) because I didn't focus on my weak points, I just ploughed through the books again, start to finish.

Best of luck to ya.

And remember, focus on you weak points!
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
    Thanks for the advise all.

I am currently reading through the relevant NIST papers and going over the 4th edition.

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsSPs.html
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Would you believe. . . that you'll pass the second time around? icon_lol.gif
    Sorry to hear that you didn't nail it. Study up on your weak areas, and I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand wrote:
    Would you believe. . . that you'll pass the second time around? icon_lol.gif
    Sorry to hear that you didn't nail it. Study up on your weak areas, and I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park.

Thanks.