MCSE: Security

_maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
Just lettin y'all know I passed my final Microsoft exam which was 70-351. I now have MCSE 2003: Security.

I received excellent advice to take 70-350 and 70-351. Many many questions are shared between the two exams; word for word.

Thanks for answering my posts here, and i'll be seeing you guys in the cisco forum sections.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

Do you ever use ISA or was that new for you?
  • _maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
    To study for the ISA exams, I installed the free 180 day trial of ISA Server 2006 on a VM, and used it as my primary firewall at home. Then purchased Transcenders, and hung out on isaserver.org for a while reading the articles.

On a side note, my exam print out sectional results bar for Configuring Web Caching is completely empty -- but I still passed. Ahh well, screw web caching!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    _maurice wrote:
    To study for the ISA exams, I installed the free 180 day trial of ISA Server 2006 on a VM, and used it as my primary firewall at home. Then purchased Transcenders, and hung out on isaserver.org for a while reading the articles.

On a side note, my exam print out sectional results bar for Configuring Web Caching is completely empty -- but I still passed. Ahh well, screw web caching!

The exact same thing happened with me on the 350. Web caching was completely blank. Do you recall getting any questions on the topic, because I do not. If I did, it may have been one.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really need to go do my ISA 2006 exam and then just finish my MCSE: Security. I know ISA very well other than WPAD, Forwarding Proxying, Firewall Client, and VPN. I should just spend a couple days on the topics and go take the exam. I know HP told me all I'd really have to learn is VPN since there wasn't really much WPAD, Forward Proxying, and Firewall Client stuff. What did you see in your experience?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    The VPN stuff isn't that bad. If you can basically setup a site to site VPN and allow clients to VPN in, understand the differences between IPSec vs PPTP, the different options for authenticating endpoints and clients, you'd be fine.

You do need to understand the pros and cons of each kind of client (proxy vs Secure NAT vs Firewall Client).
    Good luck to all!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!