Options

using same tv cable to access internet

mcsemcsemcsemcsemcsemcse Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have watched cbtnuggets but it was not enough to understand for me i dont have any idea about this tecnologhy access internet over cable television how RF signal traveling in a cable and there is some kind of cables catv coaxial fiber -coaxial where we see each one of them
tx for the answers

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    So what is your question?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You can inject multiple signals into a single cable if they each have a different RF carrier.
  • Options
    when u accessing internet via cable modem this cable is using RF to upload download ?
    hope its not stuped question :)
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    I believe it to be some form of MultiPlexing. Where multiple signals transverse the same cabling media. When you turn on your cable box you are getting all the channels coming over the cable at one time to your cable box. That is why you can just switch the channels and they will pop on your screen.

It is also similar, but not exactly the same, to a DSL connection where your voice and data will travel the same line. However with DSL you need to have a filter or you will hear the DSL's SCREAM along with your voice communications, which will make it almost impossible to talk over the phone!
  • Options
    Yes, 5 - 42mhz up and 50 - 860mhz down.
  • Options
    DSL use different RD for data voice vedio ?
  • Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Multiplexing (known as muxing) is a term used to refer to a process where multiple analog message signals or digital data streams are combined into one signal over a shared medium.

A cable modem is a type of modem that provides access to a data signal sent over the cable television infrastructure. Cable modems are primarily used to deliver broadband Internet access in the form of cable internet, taking advantage of unused bandwidth on a cable television network. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    DSL Made possibly by sending information over the phone line using a higher frequency than normal telephone calls (which use 4Khz only.)
    i only heard freqeuncy with wireless so the frequency with cable DSL i heard bandwith Mpbs what is frequency has a relate it with speed or its use frequecy , just to seperate the vedio data and voice with different channels ? during sending them
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    DSL Made possibly by sending information over the phone line using a higher frequency than normal telephone calls (which use 4Khz only.)
    i only heard freqeuncy with wireless so the frequency with cable DSL i heard bandwith Mpbs what is frequency has a relate it with speed or its use frequecy , just to seperate the vedio data and voice with different channels ? during sending them
    Uh? No clue what you wrote there at all.
  • Options
    I think you need to start at the beginning and read up on networking and electrical technology in general.....
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    I think you need to start at the beginning and read up on networking and electrical technology in general.....

Exactly, and I think that the Network+ course work would better explain it than Cisco!
  • Options
    thanks alot to :) all guys replying to me i know sometimes i m asking questions should not ask so basic i m reading also i need help from poaple have experience sometimes i stuck very basic things like
    higher frequencies of FR has higher data rate whats mean this as i undestood 802.11a should be more bandwith because using higher FRCUENCY from 802.11g but it is not i have one source to undertand ask here :P
  • Options
    iwormsiworms Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As you yourself have observed frequency is not always proportional to bandwidth because there are other factors such as noise attenuation encoding for example 802.11g and 802.11b use the same frequency but 802.11g has higher maximum bandwidth because it uses more robust encoding methods I say "maximum bandwidth" because 802.11a/b/g can operate at lower bandwidths if signal quality is not ideal.

As for carrying signal others have said it multiple signals/frequencies can be carried over the same medium and theoretically don't interfere this is how traditional radio and TV signals work when you tune to a specific channel your TV/radio still receives all channels but a tuner/filter drops out all but one channel (a specific frequency range).

And please, people understand you better if you use basic punctuation. "F*** you go take a look and I'll stay" can mean two things: "F***, you go take a look and I'll stay" or "F*** you, go take a look and I'll stay." You don't want people to misunderstand that one, do you?
  • Options
    do you think all types of dsl use same frecuencies ?
  • Options
    do you think all types of dsl use same frecuencies ?

Have you tried reading anything on this subject before asking questions?

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but you should try to learn a little on your own first.

You can start reading here.