Hi,

Can someone confirm that these two are the same:

route-map TESTMAP permit 10
match ip add 10
match ip add 20

Versus:

Route-map TESTMAP permit 10
match ip add 10 20

Ie. that if you specify several of the same match IP addr, it will create one match statement, and thereby using logical OR statement... in the above, the way it is interpreted is that if the address matches either 10 or 20, it will match, not that it have to match both.

I can see in: sh route-map, that is says:
route-map TESTMAP, permit, sequence 10
Match clauses:
ip address (access-lists): 10 20

So im fairly confident, just want to check it.
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first example is a logical OR between the two IPs (either can match). The second one is a logical AND (both must match)
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    gojericho0 wrote:
    The first example is a logical OR between the two IPs (either can match). The second one is a logical AND (both must match)

No matter what they both seem to be logical OR's in my lab. The router automatically takes both match ip statements and makes it into one statement, treating them as an OR.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hmmm, maybe because it can't have more then 1 IP address. Try something on the same match line like IP address and AD
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    gojericho0 wrote:
    hmmm, maybe because it can't have more then 1 IP address. Try something on the same match line like IP address and AD

Yeah, i tried that, and that results in two match statements, one for the IP's and one for the AD,and as you said, those must both be matched (logical AND's) before any set actions are performed. But multiple match statements of the same criteria (at least IP's and next-hop are the ones ive tried), becomes on statement, and thereby logical OR's.