w00t! CCNP FTW!

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
gir2-1.gif
Halt.jpg

I searched for a while and could not find a good PASS! pic. Anyone have one?

Well I did it! Passed my last CCNP test today, the ISCW. I must say I doubt I had any of the same questions this time around too. There were very few repeats, ESPECIALLY with MPLS. I got pwnd hard on MPLS this time around. I had 75% the first time on it and 50% this time around. The ones I got this time were REALLY freaking hard and in depth. After being pounded by those I was so nervous I was shaking when I clicked the "End Exam" button. On the plus side I had 35min left when I finished. So... On to the scores...

Teleworker services 71%
MPLS 50%
VPN 81%
Net Security Strategies 100%
Device hardening 80%
IOS Firewall 83%
IPS 70%

I must also say that the test is much easier when you finish reading the book :P

Also I must commend my testing center. I used the same testing center for all 4 of my CCNP tests (I used others for my CCNA and Linux+) and they were by far the best. I have always scheduled my tests for 2pm and I have ALWAYS showed up über early. Today I was 3 hours early and as soon as I got there they got me in the testing room. So if anyone is taking a test in Cincinnati, OH I suggest you go to Tactix Consulting to sit for your test. They have nice computers, give out free ear plugs and don't care if you show up super early.

Now I am not sure what I am going to go after next. I am thinking CCDA and CCDP or MCSA/MCSE to broaden my cert background. What do you guys think?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Do you work with some of the Windows stuff at work or find it interesting. I always think its beneficial to have some Windows knowledge if you are managing a network so you can help isolate network/application issues.
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Congratulations! Do you work with some of the Windows stuff at work or find it interesting. I always think its beneficial to have some Windows knowledge if you are managing a network so you can help isolate network/application issues.

Other than personal use, setting up some labs or troubleshooting XP Pro and home for tech support and old school Windows stuff I don't really have any experience with it. I did start studying for the 70-290 before I found out about the Cisco second chance deal, but dropped it like a bad habit and focused on Cisco.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd go with it. More specifically focus on the AD and Network Infrastructure side of things. That knowledge has helped me tremendously with network design and troubleshooting
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    CONGRATS! :D glad you made it through the second time
    WIP: IPS exam
  • singh8281singh8281 Member Posts: 126
    Congrats on the pass. I would pursue the Microsoft as it 'll make you more versatile and marketable. MCSE = $$$ here where I am from, Seattle Redmond area.
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Awesome job! Congratulations!!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I hope to be where you are in about 6 months :)
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's great news! Congrats on the CCNP. icon_thumright.gif
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Fantastic! Serious congrats on the CCNP, very cool indeed icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Congrats man!

I would say roll with the cisco stuff it thats what you want to do.. CCDA i hear isn't so bad once your NP is done.. and then the DP.. not a lot of people have the DP and it seems sought after.

Why not go for the IE ? It is the "ultimate prize" afterall :)
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Doesn't it feel great? :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congrats! Full speed towards RHCE, eh? ;)
    Thanks guys.
    Congrats! Full speed towards RHCE, eh?

I thought about that, but that is one pricey test. And not having a job sorta makes that a bit harder to pay for. I'd also love to do the CCIE, but at this time I do not have nearly the experience required to do it. Although I probably will eventually. CCIE looks to me about what I thought the path to doing the CCNP would be like when I first started the Net Academy.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!! glad you got it 2nd time around!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations, scheister! Sure am happy for you, being a CCNP is very cool :D
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll spend more on your MCSE. No need to get all stingy with the RHCE ;)

Honestly, I'd knock out the design exams if I were you. The DA will probably be a breeze for you at this point, and you've already knocked out BSCI and BCMSN for the DP.

There's no reason to not start working towards the IE either. I'm sure you've seen the massive recommended book list. You're not going to get through that any time soon.
    dynamik wrote:
    You'll spend more on your MCSE. No need to get all stingy with the RHCE ;)

Honestly, I'd knock out the design exams if I were you. The DA will probably be a breeze for you at this point, and you've already knocked out BSCI and BCMSN for the DP.

There's no reason to not start working towards the IE either. I'm sure you've seen the massive recommended book list. You're not going to get through that any time soon.

Yeah, the design stuff is just too close to pass up. Sorta bummed they don't have CBT Nuggets for those though. I am so used to having some CBT Nugget on a loop on my PC that I loaded up the MCSE Nuggets to play just as some background noise. I also agree on the IE. I feel that I at least need SOME real world experience before even thinking about that one. Hopefully my CCNP with help me get a job though. I may even put off the DA until I find a job. I always told myself once I had my NP I would focus on that since I just got out of college.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats man!! good luck with whatever you choose to do.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! I can't imagine how difficult getting a CCNP is.

I liked your hammertime picture. Now there is another excuse for me to post this picture agian.

icedog%20vanilla%20ice.jpg
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • netwaynenetwayne Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNP.......that's huge!! Way to go, man. I'll cast my vote for sticking with the Cisco track and knocking out some of those design certs.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the big CCNP!

As for pass-images, you can always borrow mine:

CertDesp.jpg
    (Special thanks to Technomancer for creating the image.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Love that one. I forgot where I saw it. Thanks for the re-post :D