Options

cissp exam

GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
I took the exam on Aug. 9th, got result today and I passed. I am proud to say that I am currently Associate of ISC^2.
Only problem is no one in my work is CISSP so how will I ever get voched for it. And I am currently Systems Administrator, so my work is related to a little bit of this domain, a little bit of that domain. I assume because I maintain networks, systems, computers to be up 24/7, it's considered operations security. I built and write servers, databases, applications, and work with accounts creations/modification/deletion and other things, so I assume those count as system design and architecture, authentication, database and application security. Would those count as experiences in 2 domains? What about helpdesk experience? Will that count into anything? Your input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    GarudaMin wrote:
    I took the exam on Aug. 9th, got result today and I passed. I am proud to say that I am currently Associate of ISC^2.
    Only problem is no one in my work is CISSP so how will I ever get voched for it. And I am currently Systems Administrator, so my work is related to a little bit of this domain, a little bit of that domain. I assume because I maintain networks, systems, computers to be up 24/7, it's considered operations security. I built and write servers, databases, applications, and work with accounts creations/modification/deletion and other things, so I assume those count as system design and architecture, authentication, database and application security. Would those count as experiences in 2 domains? What about helpdesk experience? Will that count into anything? Your input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Congrats on the pass!

ISC(2) requires fulltime direct security experience, so I am unsure if typical system administrator duties would qualify.

Write down the 10 domains and make a list of tasks that you feel would fall under each domain. Maybe this will help.

If you don't mind, can you share your study methods and routine? I am about 8 weeks out from taking the exam myself, so I would be curious.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might be able to find someone here to endorse you: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36120

Congratulations on the pass! That's quite an accomplishment!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I believe there is an option for ISC2 to endorse you if you can't find someone I think JD mentioned that in one of the threads in the ISC2 board.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, there is an option for the ISC2 to endorse your application should you not be able to locate an existing member to endorse you.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    On the (ISC)2 endorsement form there is a section where you can ask for a proxy endorser. I've never met anyone who has used a proxy, so I can't really say anything about the process.
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    well for study method, i study Shon Harris's All in one book, about 1000 pages if u don't consider practice questions at the end of each chapter. What I did was I read 50 pages a day, write down important terms that I don't know. Since I write the definition out, it makes me remember more. Then I took a few days to re-read it. There were times I don't want to read it because I got bored. I already know almost all domains from my previous studies of CCNA, security+, etc.
    But yeah stick to your method and try to understand instead of memorizing and you will prevail. Good luck.