Passed

somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
968 - Finally!!

Next up is CCNA

And oh, most of the questions were on DHCP and DNS. I think I had 2 RRAS and WSUS/SUS Qs and 1 Sim.

And for some weird reason there was a question that if I remember correctly was included in my 70-290 exam (2003 IE security via Terminal Services).

Overclocked Admin
coffee.jpg

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Very Nice score
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck with the CCNA
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

If i recall correctly, you seam to be mowing these exams down at a pretty good pace.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Happy I am score good 900+ me getting always icon_wink.gif

Another weird thing is that for some reason the 290 seemed harder than the 291 and most of the questions were common stuff, and I did get 2 subnetting questions but they were simple questions like "what IP range for which blah" and "what custom subnet for bleh".

Overall I was satisfied with the test and I had to kill an hour and a half walking around San Francisco because I finished too early for my morning appointment.

My experience with MCP exams is that they take long to start and you have to wait for a while once the test is completed. It may look like the exam program froze or something but it didnt. icon_redface.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
    NetAdmin2436
    PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 am Post subject:
    Congrats!

If i recall correctly, you seam to be mowing these exams down at a pretty good pace.

<- Jobless == Plenty time for studies, I burned the MS Press book in 2 weeks icon_lol.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Ah yes the MCJP, I know a few people in the Bay area who are in the same boat as you these days (tough market with the current economic climate). I'm sure the certs will help you on your job hunt down the road.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Top score, there somedudefromthenet!

Hope you change your profile to Microsoft Certified Employed Professional icon_wink.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    icon_cry.gif had to leave the company because there wasnt anything to do (literally) so no growth and the new CEO has some bright ideas to bankrupt the company (purchasing unnecessary equipment, installing uber expensive solar panel to power the whole building just because it is located in berkeley, etc etc.).

So I figured why not get the certs and move on... And so I did get the certs, now trying to inch my way back to the industry. icon_redface.gif

If you guys know anyone looking for someone to flip rack mount servers or change mainframe cooling fluids or lube hard drives you can contact me hehehe.

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you guys know anyone looking for someone to flip rack mount servers or change mainframe cooling fluids or lube hard drives you can contact me hehehe.

icon_lol.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job! icon_thumright.gif

Any reason you're not going to knock out 293 while the 291 material is fresh in your head? If you're going to do it, now would probably be the best time.
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Awesome job on the pass. I hear the IT jobless state right now.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, great score. Gratz on the pass icon_cool.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job.

You thought the 290 was harder than the 291? Interesting...
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    dynamik wrote:
    Nice job! icon_thumright.gif

Any reason you're not going to knock out 293 while the 291 material is fresh in your head? If you're going to do it, now would probably be the best time.

I need to get a job first then continue to pass more MPCs and/while getting prepared for the Cisco track. 6 exams (plus study materials) in 5 months is painful in teh jobless pockit' icon_redface.gif

But yep I'll definitely go back into all my exam tracks right after I get a decent paying job or a company that is willing to pay for the certs.

(((Some a$$bag emailed me about a job opportunity within their "I.T." company. The job requires a person with "10 years experience with Windows 2003" and MCSE is required as well...)))

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Congratz on the pass, it's a great score. Good luck for Your CCNA, I think it will give You a more comprehensive understanding on what happens at a more low level.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.