The 291 debacle continues

DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I had problems last week getting to sit the test (see last weeks "disaster" thread), lets see how this week goes. icon_lol.gif

Arrived to take 291 at a testing center an hour away from the last one. I didn't trust the last one after saying they had Vue & Prometric tests on the same computer and get many errors daily. The new facility has them on seperate computers.

Anywho, I arrive and she says you'll all set to take the 290 test. I said, whoa, 290? Great icon_mad.gif Turns out she misread (thank the lord) and it was 291. So we start the test and after signing in with my name... the test said that time had ran out and it kicked me out.

Fast forward an hour after deleting files from the computer and restarting another pc a few times I was finally able to begin my test and I was just getting ready to call today another failure.

Well, finally, I am MCSA 2003 certified. Feels good as this is many years in the making.

Side Note: From all the cert tests I have taken, I have never taken any in the same place twice. You would think that over 6 tests I would have to take an exam at the same facility again. But it has always worked out that one place is closed (permanently), another is booked full, etc etc.
The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DragonNOA1 wrote:
    Well I had problems last week getting to sit the test (see last weeks "disaster" thread), lets see how this week goes. icon_lol.gif

Arrived to take 291 at a testing center an hour away from the last one. I didn't trust the last one after saying they had Vue & Prometric tests on the same computer and get many errors daily. The new facility has them on seperate computers.

Anywho, I arrive and she says you'll all set to take the 290 test. I said, whoa, 290? Great icon_mad.gif Turns out she misread (thank the lord) and it was 291. So we start the test and after signing in with my name... the test said that time had ran out and it kicked me out.

Fast forward an hour after deleting files from the computer and restarting another pc a few times I was finally able to begin my test and I was just getting ready to call today another failure.

Well, finally, I am MCSA 2003 certified. Feels good as this is many years in the making.

Side Note: From all the cert tests I have taken, I have never taken any in the same place twice. You would think that over 6 tests I would have to take an exam at the same facility again. But it has always worked out that one place is closed (permanently), another is booked full, etc etc.

congrats!!! Glad to see you finally got to sit this one!!! welcome to the MCSA club icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Congrats! You have some pretty crazy stories as far as testing goes. I can't say I have anything nearly as crazy as you have had. But in the end it makes for a good story eh?

Good work though, glad to see you didn't let a little lameness like testing centers slow you down!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Wow, way to stick with it considering all the crap you've had to deal with.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Very cool, especially with the difficulties you've had. Congrats!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Glad it finally worked out for you to take the test, much less pass it. Good job on that MCSA!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Very congrats!
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The difficulties just make the victory that much sweeter icon_cool.gif

Congrats!
  • CingularCingular Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass mate :).
    cissp, pcnse, ccnp, ccnp security, nse4
    ---

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?" - Gaff 

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Every test day seems to be an adventure for you... icon_lol.gif
  • somedudefromthenetsomedudefromthenet Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Outstanding!

icon_cool.gif

Overclocked Admin
    coffee.jpg
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very cool! icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    DragonNOA1 wrote:

I almost always schedule my tests at the very last minute, which usually means a lot of shopping around for a test center. One might be closed, another might not have hours where I can get to it, etc.

Why do I do that? I like to study, get to a passing point, then flush the burgeoning contents of my brain onto that test. Basically get it out of my system as soon as I'm ready (and usually sick of studying that particular topic).
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers