Exchange 2007 room mailboxes + autoaccept

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
Is it the default behavior for the room mailboxes configured to auto accept to save items in its calendar without the subject and body that the meeting organizer specifies in the meeting request?

Every meeting request that I send to my room mailbox goes into the attendee's calendars the way that I formatted the request, but in the room calendar the calendar item is stripped of the subject and body. It adds the name of the meeting organizer to the subject, so all I have is the meeting organizer's name as the subject, a list of attendees, and an empty body.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    nevermind... I think I found it

get-mailboxcalendarsettings properties "deletesubject" is set to true

Is that the default, or did I screw something up...
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • CorySCoryS Member Posts: 208
    NO YOU DIDNT!! I am glad someone else is griping about this too!!! That drives me absolutely bonkers that thats the default setting! Oh I was irritated by that.

.. The best thing bout it, they bury it nice and deep in EMS so its all but impossible to figure out just by looking at it...
    MCSE tests left: 294, 297 |
    You may also want to change the "AddOrganizerToSubject" as well
    These settings can also be modified using OWA if you're on SP1... log on to the mailbox, options, resource settings.
    IT guy since 12/00

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote:
    These settings can also be modified using OWA if you're on SP1... log on to the mailbox, options, resource settings.

Can do that with RTM as well.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    I wouldn't know about that, we're late adopters :)

Another thing I have noticed in migrating these mailboxes from 2003 to 2007 is the calendar permissions seem to have been wiped out. I've had to go back and add back the permissions to every calendar residing in a mailbox I have moved.
    IT guy since 12/00

Wow, just goes to show how dense I am when it comes to looking at web interfaces sometimes.. You look and look and somehow you miss these things cause ya just try to skim it...

Way to point that out guys, I spose in the end it worked out alright since I just used a cmdlet to pipe it to all resources at once...

Get-mailbox |where {$_.isresource –eq “True”} |

in case anyones interested in filtering for them.
  • drainedraine Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is what we need users to view and book (properly from there and not the shared calendar) shared room..... Give “default” review permissions so people can see the calendar leave anonymous alone as none, you can also give edit own and delete own to default doesn’t matter. If you want to give someone some admin privileges give them “review and then add delete all and edit all”.

Then do the following to the newly created Room
    ***This allows it to auto accept
    set-MailboxCalendarSettings "Training Room" -automateprocessing: autoaccept
    ***This will allow the content to be shown on the room calendar (what you enter in as the message body)
    set-MailboxCalendarSettings "Training Room" -deletecomments $false
    ***This will show users the subject instead of just the organizers name
    set-MailboxCalendarSettings "Training Room" -deletesubject $false
    ***This will remove the organizers name from the subject...who cares its right above the title
    set-MailboxCalendarSettings "Training Room" -addorganizertosubject $false

Or for a better script to run this on all rooms
    get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | where {$_.ResourceType -eq "Room"} | set-mailboxcalendarsettings -addorganizertosubject $false
    get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | where {$_.ResourceType -eq "Room"} | set-mailboxcalendarsettings -automateprocessing: autoaccept
    get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | where {$_.ResourceType -eq "Room"} | set-mailboxcalendarsettings -deletesubject $false
    get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | where {$_.ResourceType -eq "Room"} | set-mailboxcalendarsettings -addorganizertosubject $false

Sure I’m going to script it so it will just do it for all resource rooms and run it so often but this is the jest.

******notes if a users creates a appointment on the room and then deletes their own calendar item and does not send a cancelation message then it will not be removed from the shared room, this is why you need an admin to have the ability to delete all and modify all.