What a relief! Now, where did I hide the beer?

nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I sat 70-291 today and passed with a 921, it wasn't the beast I was expecting, in fact I would say it was more akin to a labrador or a teddy bear!!

However, because of the reputation this exam had I think that I allowed more study time and paid closer attention to covering all of the exam objectives, hence it proves (for me) that this exam isn't any harder than other MS exams with the appropriate preparation.

The exam froze twice about halfway through and the Prometric centre staff moved me onto another machine, which cured the problem, but it was nerve-racking for a bit while they sorted it out! And there was a guy in the corner who kept coughing and ruining my concentration.

The 47 questions were predominantly made up of DHCP and DNS, with a sprinkling of RRAS, IPSec and WSUS at the end, there was one SIM (which really was laughably SIM-ple) on DNS.

When the exam finished I didn't experience the usual jubilation, it was more a sense of relief to be honest, and now I shall have some time off for lager, sleep and chinese takeaway before starting 293 in a couple of weeks time.

Oh yeah, I used MS-Press, CBT Nuggets and Transcenders for this exam (it seemed to be a winning formula going by this forum), and I also read Syngress for the first time, which I thought were excellent, although they did seem to go over the top with detail, although this is no bad thing.

Cheers! :D
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why would you hide beer? icon_scratch.gif

Congratulations!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

Congratulations!

Because he is trying to focus on studying. DUH. Now he is done he can go get it again.

Good job! The 291 and 293 are just more complicated due to the complexity of the questions asked IMO.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    Congratulations! I am studying for the 291 currently, how much custom subnetting/ip addressing does the exam cover?

win2k4
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're never done studying in IT. Hiding beer only leads to pain and misery.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Because he knows that if he doesn't hide it drunken_smilie.gif dynamik drunken_smilie.gif will have quaffed it all.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

Congratulations!

I hide my beer in the fridge, specifically on the 'beer shelf' icon_lol.gif

congrats!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats! Nice score too
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D I hid the beer because I knew it would distract me, as Mishra understood! Once I have a couple all I want to do is listen to some music or sit and watch TV - not good for studying.

But everything's OK, I found it now and I'm listening to some music, happy days!!

win2k4 - I spent a while grappling with subnetting at first, the best thing I ever did was to forget about all of the over-complicated formulae in the MS-Press 70-291 book, and watch the James Conrad CBT Nuggets video on subnetting, which makes it seem like a doddle.

As for exam content, well this can differ from one exam to the next, but I think I only got two questions that were pure subnetting, and they were only basic network situations - to think I spent hours on subnetting everything up to Class A networks - I could have been having a beer instead! Hope this helps!
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    snadam wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

Congratulations!

I hide my beer in the fridge, specifically on the 'beer shelf' icon_lol.gif

congrats!!!

I hide my beer in my stomach, why hide it in the fridge? icon_scratch.gif

Anyways, Congrats!
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    win2k4 wrote:
    Congratulations! I am studying for the 291 currently, how much custom subnetting/ip addressing does the exam cover?

win2k4

I think that I had two subnetting questions on my exam. That was all. But you better know how to subnet. On my 70-293 exam, I had one or two also. Good Luck.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again