Cisco announces changes to documentation access in the lab

dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well with all the restructuring of the documentation it was bound to happen

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/announcements/index.html

On Sept 24 2008 CCIE labs will no longer support using the UniversCD documentation for the lab exam.

All labs are migrating to Cisco Documentation only. For those scheduled to take the CCIE lab prior to Sept 24 access will still be available for UniversCD.

The Cisco Documentation pages have the same information that currently resides on UniversCD, please refer to the links on the CCIE web pages to view these pages and become familiar with the new format.

After Sept 24 2008 only the Cisco Documentation web pages will be available for CCIE labs.
The only easy day was yesterday!

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Sooooooo all the same info will still be available, just in a different way? I thought the docCD usually linked to the web pages anyway.

BTW, I always thought there was a good 6 months for any changes. Not...1 :S

Thanks for the heads up
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did they remove the ability to search for information? I thought I saw something along those lines while I was researching my noobish CCENT commands the other day. Whatever I read made it sound like you had to browse to the information you were looking for.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah the 1 month warning is a bit short, the same documentation should be available but you will navigate to it in a different way. Also the documentation on the support site seems to be broken up into smaller pages of information.

You can use control + f to find things on the current page in Internet Explorer, but the find function in Acrobat Reader was disabled. So much for my plan to open up the config guides and use find.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    There are way too many dead links on the Cisco site. Its not even external pages that go to a missing page. There are plenty of pages on the Cisco site that just point nowhere or point to a redirection page that points nowhere...
  • apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    I wonder if it will still redirect multiple times to get to a revised version of the page you were originally at. Anybody have the link I should now be using for my studies? Also I think mentioned in this thread the search function and PDF's were already not available.