Options

failed the test

jwilkjrjwilkjr Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, I am new to this site. I took the test on the 16th of this month and failed with a 615. I am studing the areas that I missed and brushing up on the other areas. Is there any thing that I should do before I retake the test again? I plan on taking it on the 30th of this month. With the score I just got, should i push the date back some or study my butt and go for it again?
A+, Net+, FOT, FOI

Comments

• Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Sorry to hear about your fail. Don't let the score discourage you, if you feel you are better prepared, then go for it. Just focus on the area's were you did poorly and get back in the ring swinging.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    This exam can be quite difficult, mostly due to the weird wording IMO.

If it were me, I'd put it back a couple of weeks - the CompTIA exams are SOOOOO expensive and not something you'd want to fork out for too many times!

What materials are you using?
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    jwilkjrjwilkjr Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The things I am using to study is a book called Principles of Computer Security (Security + and Beyond), Ucertfy perp engine, a web site called vte.cret.org. that is all i am using right now.
    A+, Net+, FOT, FOI
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    jwilkjr wrote:
    Hey, I am new to this site. I took the test on the 16th of this month and failed with a 615. I am studing the areas that I missed and brushing up on the other areas. Is there any thing that I should do before I retake the test again? I plan on taking it on the 30th of this month. With the score I just got, should i push the date back some or study my butt and go for it again?

You have a few things in your favor. You have now seen the layout of the test and what kind of information they are looking for. You also know the key objectives that you need to work on. I would do one of two things; pick up another resource or pick up some testing software. Although I did not use it myself many members have had great success with the Syngress book. If you think you have the resources but need a better idea of where you are lacking check out Transcender and pick up their S+ practice test. The transcender testing software is very highly regarded.

Be prepared. The high passing mark can be very difficult if you are unprepared. Spend some time in the forums and use the technotes and practice tests to supplement. Also, feel free to ask questions. The TE members are an invaluable resource as well. The only thing worse than a unprepared fail, is a second.

Good luck!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    best of luck on the studying and the second round!!