Options

Failed Test. 705/900

samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
I came, I saw... and I was defeated. There were parts of the exam I knew in and out. But there were parts that I have never seen before. I used Exam Cram 2, Measure Up, Technotes, the practice exams here, and Thomson Course Technology Network Security book I used in college. And a couple of other books.

I found that my questions were not really poorly worded, but a lot of them were very ambigious. I feel that there were a few questions that were too ambigious to pick a best answer. I think I am going to pick up the Syngress book look over the materials I already have and go at it again, all while juggling a full time load at my college. Any other advice would be very much appreciated.
Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    was there any area in particular that you were weak in?
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I felt that the policy/administration side was kind of weak for me, but that is one of my college classes this term. I felt good in concepts, infrastructure, and communication. I felt just ok in cryptography and operation/organizational, so I guess where I will focus on the most and reiterate the other concepts to myself.
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    best of luck to you on your next attempt!!
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    You'll get it next time. I have not taken this cert yet but I have used transcender for all of my other certs and I really like it. They are kinda pricey but I think that they are thorough.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    /comfort remember don't feel defeated you probably just missed by just a few questions! Review and revisit your materials and you should be ready to resit and pass the exam.