A+ Essentials PASS BABY!!!!!

TolkulTolkul Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just want to say i was new to the site and just signed up today but i have been using your materials that where availiable to me and i just want to thank everyone for their hard work because I PASSED BABY!!!!!!!! thank you thank you all!!!!
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Sweet!

So I'm assuming your going for A+ Technician next?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Tolkul wrote:
    Just want to say i was new to the site and just signed up today but i have been using your materials that where availiable to me and i just want to thank everyone for their hard work because I PASSED BABY!!!!!!!! thank you thank you all!!!!

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the pass, good job!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • TolkulTolkul Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet!

So I'm assuming your going for A+ Technician next?

Ya i was thinking of getting that one though im also thinking of getting the remote desktop tech also just incase.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Congrats and welcome!

What did you think of the test? Also, what materials did you use?
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
    cacharo wrote:
    Congrats and welcome!

What did you think of the test? Also, what materials did you use?

Well to be honest i used alot of different material but my main was a practice test i got from Preplogic and a set of books i bought from Sybex CompTIA A+ complete study guide and both were very nice BUT no matter what i used they had some questions that where not even in the objectives like different spec's on fire extinguisher WTF does that have to do with anything. I figured that was questions ment for the depo tech exam but no where did i read that that kind of material would be on the essentials.

Also their views on customer support and how you deal with angry customers imo where kind of off the wall.
    Tolkul wrote:
    Also their views on customer support and how you deal with angry customers imo where kind of off the wall.

Yeah, I think CompTIA is doing that to try and break the stereotypical thought that IT people are rude and condescending and try to bring a level of professionalism. If you watch SNL, I'm sure you remember Nick Burns - the company computer guy. Basically I think what they are getting at is you shouldn't ever tell the end user it was their fault. For the IT person it's always "I'm sorry, there was a problem with the computer, but I fixed it."

Yes many of the CompTIA exams have questions that come in from left field. Just prepare the best you can and keep on icon_study.gif
    Are the objectives for the It tech in the objectives for essentail or do i need to find another objective download?
    Tolkul wrote:
    Are the objectives for the It tech in the objectives for essentail or do i need to find another objective download?

Objectives are a bit different. Download them from CompTIA's website.
    http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives.aspx
  • AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent job...congrats
  • Attila the HunAttila the Hun Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Just a big thanks for the help from this site....I passed today the second exam so I guess I am A+ Certified. It wasn't that hard and my native language is not even English so .....
    I guess I'll just go for the N+ now....

Attila the Hun