Global Knowledge

netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
I was looking into signing up for a training class from Global Knowledge. I wanted to see if anyone here have taken a cisco course with them and how was your experience with them?

thanks

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    At which training location? I had networking classes several years ago at GK's Irvine, CA location, and they were very good, but I don't know if that's an accurate representation of the quality of instruction at GK's other facilities.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I haven't gone myself but the group I work with had gone to the BSCI and BCMSN courses they said they were very pleased with the course overall.
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    I am thinking about either the houston or dallas location.[/i]
  • kaspiahnkaspiahn Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    netteaser wrote:
    I am thinking about either the houston or dallas location.[/i]

I attended a course there(Dallas/Fort Worth) a few months ago (Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure). I was not impressed with the instructor. He spoke in a low voice, which made it hard to hear what he said. He had a habit of jumping off topic. He'd be talking about domains and then suddenly start talking about something totally irrelevant. He also did not seem to have a firm grasp on the material, spent too much time reading directly from the book. Several questions went unanswered during the 5 days of classes.
    He was a very nice person, just not a good instructor.
  • SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    I took an ASA course almost a year ago and loved it. I used to work for one of GK's biggest competitors and had bad ideas about them going in, but my job trained primarily w/ them so I was stuck. All my preconceived notions of what type of courses they offered went out the window after the first hour. The instructor was knowledgeable and the labs were awesome.
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    thanks for the feedback