Options

How many Exams??

Jaqmar2001Jaqmar2001 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
How many exams does the A+ consists of and which books are the best ones to buy??

Martin.
Martin.
UK

Comments

• Options
    Sweets80Sweets80 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To become A+ certified you have to pass the 220-601 Essentials exam and one of these: 220-602 IT Technician, 220-603 Remote Technician, or 220-604 Depot Technician. So basically 2 tests and you're certified. I used Mike Meyers All in One 6th edition along with Exam Cram2 practice questions and practice tests in various forums like this one.
    A Work in Progress...
  • Options
    Jaqmar2001Jaqmar2001 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which exam, 603 or 604, is more in demand in the UK ???

How much does the CompTIA exam cost in the UK??

Martin.
    Martin.
    UK
  • Options
    Sweets80Sweets80 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well in the U.K. comptia charges about $114.00. I honestly cannot tell you which exam is better. I usually see people take 220-601 and 220-602.

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/registration.aspx
    A Work in Progress...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Jaqmar2001 wrote:
    Which exam, 603 or 604, is more in demand in the UK ???

How much does the CompTIA exam cost in the UK??

Martin.

You tell us? What does your employer want? What do you see competiting companies advertising for? What sort of work do you do? What sort of work do you want to do at a later date? Focus on what interests you and where your skills are at...holding a cert for the sake of holding it does few people any good. Aim to improve your long-term dreams. If you don't see yourself dealing with hardware, maybe skip A+ altogether. If you like Hardware, then as mentioned, 602 will likely be the one that is suitable for you.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?