bSCi Exam EIGRP Easy question

eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey im having some trouble understanding or getting metting of the wildcard use when putting the network.

I read that if i have

F0 10.2.3.0
F1 10.2.4.0
F2 10.2.5.0

if i use

router eigrp 1
network 10.2.3.0 0.0.0.255

It will advertise that network

But somewhere else i found that it just makes F0 active on EIGRP so it sends updates through that interface but it does not advertise that network.

Can some one please explain
"Almost..... is as good as Nothing"

Comments

• tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eduromer wrote:
    Hey im having some trouble understanding or getting metting of the wildcard use when putting the network.

I read that if i have

F0 10.2.3.0
    F1 10.2.4.0
    F2 10.2.5.0

if i use

router eigrp 1

But somewhere else i found that it just makes F0 active on EIGRP so it sends updates through that interface but it does not advertise that network.

Those commands will activate the interface that has that IP address for EIGRP operations. In doing so, by default, EIGRP will advertise that network (10.2.3.0) out of that interface.
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great, so it advertise and activates the interface sweet, thanks for that, i think im ready to move on OSPF configuration, thanks again.

BTW i see you are on the CCNP route too, was it difficul the BSCI Exam?

Thanks again
  • tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eduromer wrote:
    Great, so it advertise and activates the interface sweet, thanks for that, i think im ready to move on OSPF configuration, thanks again.

BTW i see you are on the CCNP route too, was it difficul the BSCI Exam?

Thanks again

The BSCI was probably the toughest exam I've ever taken (which includes 4 years of college getting a Finance degree). I failed my first attempt at the BSCI by 2 points! I suggest you use the BSCI official exam cert guide, the Train Signal videos, and the CBT Nuggets.

Good luck!
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • eduromereduromer Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh man, yeah since i started studying for that one it seems to be hardest one.

Yeah right now im on the official guide, and CBT nuggets will get the other too.

Thanks man
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    The network command just tells the router what interface to run the routing protocol and whatever IP address is on the interface is the network it will advertise via the subnet mask on the interface. So if you want to put all of them in the EIGRP process you can type 0.0.0.0/0 or 10.2.0.0/16 or 10.2.0.0/21 which will encompass 10.2.0.0 to 10.2.7.0
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • karanckaranc Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    to keep it very simple...the eigrp network wild card is used to activate eigrp on the interfaces...the network advistisment depend on the interface subnetmask ...hope i make you clear on this
    next exam -> ICSW (CCNP 50% done)
  • Chris KnightChris Knight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eduromer wrote:

I read that if i have

F0 10.2.3.0
    F1 10.2.4.0
    F2 10.2.5.0

if i use

router eigrp 1

I think your referring to the network command as opposed to the passive-interface command.

passive interface command forces an int to be quiet but it will advertise the network out of other interfaces.
    The network and mask do not speak EIGRP and subnets attached to that interface are not advertised.
    "Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
    Chris Knight
    Real Genius