Can someone explain what Wireless# PW0-050 is ?

mjonesmjones Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I would like to know what isWireless#, what company (i.e. like CompTia) is behind this test, and is it something worthwhile? I have never heard of it until today. Do many people have it? icon_confused.gif

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Its part of the CWNP series of certifications. They are vendor neutrel wireless certifications. You can check out the CWNP forums here on TE or the CWNP site for more info.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's fairly new. I've seen a few people here with it. The CWNA and CWSP certs from CWNP are much more valuable. The Wireless# is an entry-level wireless cert that covers a lot of wireless technologies, such as 802.11x, bluetooth, RFID, etc. It'd be a good intro if you're new to wireless, but I wouldn't expect any raises, job offers, etc. from obtaining it.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    it seems to me the only real reason for getting the wireless# is if you're interested in learning about wireless but don't plan on working with it (beyond the smaller soho wireless routers) anytime in the near future as it never expires, otherwise i'd go for the other CWNP certs like dynamik said the others are much more valuable
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I plan on taking it one day more because i want than because I need to.... Wireless technologies are interesting and I do want to learn more about them. Like others have said, this particular certification is not that well known or valuable to most employers, but I bet it will look good combined with many other certs to show diversity if anything.

Like I said, I plan to take it, to "test" the waters a bit and see if I want to go further with Wireless studies and certs.