Exchange 2003

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
This is only the second time I have worked with exchange, so please forgive me if this is simple.

I have a client running Exchange 2003, when in OWA everything is fine. They can send and receive normally. BUT when they RECEIVE an email that contains a "&" in the subject line the email does not display, giving the message "this page cannot be found".

Any idaes? Sounds more like an IIS problem than Exchange, but they run no other sites off that server and it should be configured straight out of the box.
-Daniel

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    & is used in HTTP for get queries. i.e. http://website.com?var1=1&var2=2&var3=3 etc.

The & needs to be encoded so it doesn't appear as a query string. It should show up as %26, spaces are %20, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

Not sure where you'd enable that, but it's a starting place.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    thanks that really helped! Here is my resolution.

Verified problem and researched issue. Common when the IIS lockdown tool or any sort of migration has taken place. Several other characters are blocked as well. A global change was made to the urlscan.ini file to stop filtering certain characters. Made the change and verified it's functionality. Waiting for end user to confirm before closing issue.
    -Daniel
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Yep, URLScan tool would be the culprit. Way to go!
    Good luck to all!
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey Dynamic!

If you ever need a reference for your resume PM me. I swear you fix 99% of my issues.
    -Daniel
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Hey Dynamic!

Who's dynamic?

Daniel333 wrote:
    If you ever need a reference for your resume PM me. I swear you fix 99% of my issues.

I fix the other 1%, right?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    royal wrote:
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Hey Dynamic!

Who's dynamic?

Dunno... Ask Mark...
    Daniel333 wrote:
    Hey Dynamic!

I posted a general piece of information I knew from past web programming experience. You did all the work and came up with the solution yourself. Give yourself some credit ;)
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I always refer to him now as "dynamik", notice the bold letter, since he accused me of never ever spelling his name right. icon_lol.gif

He's a little sensetive about those things... At least no one ever called him sparkymonkey.

:P
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    He's a little sensetive about those things... At least no one ever called him sparkymonkey.

:P

Sorry sprkymrk but that's so funny - I just spilled soup everywhere icon_lol.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Haha!

Everytime I see your name I still want to call you that.

I was an electrician for 4 years and our nicknames on jobsites are "sparky" by other trade hands so it just keeps popping in my head and I can't get it out.