Options

Correct me if I'm wrong..

AngusGAngusG Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
but didn't I get this wrong?? CramMaster seems to think I got it right.. Wouldn't you have to rename ntuser.dat to ntuser.man and not put .man on the end of the profile path?? Sorry about the size of the pic!!

exam.jpg

Here's another... The question refers to Remote Assistance... not Remote Desktop Connection, yet the correct answer was to allow Remote Desktop Connection on the firewall (there's an option for Remote Assistance as well)

exam2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    in part 2, wording may not be correct but Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance use the same port (3389 if I remember), so the answer is right.

I find some of the wording in these practice exams can be a bit vague icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    #1. I really don't think you can just put .man in the profile section of the user account's profile tab. Because to get to a mandatory profile you need to have the profile be created at first. Then rename the NTUSER.dat file. I've never tried it this way or can find any documentation so I don't know for sure but I really have my doubts.

#2. The inital remote assistance connection was made. I believe this is through TCP port 135. So when trying to connect back to the machine through RDP (3389) then you had problems. Because of this you need to enable Remote Desktop in your firewall (port 3389).
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    #1. I really don't think you can just put .man in the profile section of the user account's profile tab. Because to get to a mandatory profile you need to have the profile be created at first. Then rename the NTUSER.dat file. I've never tried it this way or can find any documentation so I don't know for sure but I really have my doubts.

#2. The inital remote assistance connection was made. I believe this is through TCP port 135. So when trying to connect back to the machine through RDP (3389) then you had problems. Because of this you need to enable Remote Desktop in your firewall (port 3389).

1. That's what I thought as well... If you get the question wrong, when reviewing, this is also what it has for the correct answer.. No where else have I seen it like that... I might email CramMaster to find out

2. Makes sense, just wish the explanation even remotely said that
  • Options
    Aight this makes sense...

exam3.jpg
  • Options
    TontonsamTontonsam Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It won't work if you put it in the UNC path. You have to change the ntuser.dat to ntuser.man. I had this question in another practice exam.
    MCP 70-270 / 70-290