is the exam software always on front ?

sokkaNETsokkaNET Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
When taking the exam, is it possible to minimize the exam and use the PC to check menu names such .. or will the exam be up front at all times ?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The test stays up, you can't go into the host machine to check your answers. I have heard of some testing centers that had trouble with this, but these are the places where people have been flunked. . . mainly because using the test-computer to check what the answer for a question is constitutes cheating. (Kind of like sneaking out of class during a history test in order to double-check an answer in your history book.) You're tested on what you bring with you to the exam: your knowledge, and nothing else. Even notepads and pens are given to you, they won't let you take your cellphone, pen, paper, or anything else with you into the testing area.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Slowhand wrote:
    The test stays up, you can't go into the host machine to check your answers. I have heard of some testing centers that had trouble with this, but these are the places where people have been flunked. . . mainly because using the test-computer to check what the answer for a question is constitutes cheating. (Kind of like sneaking out of class during a history test in order to double-check an answer in your history book.) You're tested on what you bring with you to the exam: your knowledge, and nothing else. Even notepads and pens are given to you, they won't let you take your cellphone, pen, paper, or anything else with you into the testing area.

Yeah plus make sure you feel good and confident before you take it. Take time to memorize the start menus if you have to. If you use a PC everyday, shouldn't really be much of a problem and I wouldn't worry much about it. Good luck though!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're not going to ask you something like, "What's the third tab from the left on the IP properties page?" You don't need to worry about anything like that; the questions are more meaningful/content-orientated.
  • TontonsamTontonsam Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took my XP exam on june, my cell phone rang in the room and I answered it. After, I said to myself it could be a big mistake. Anyway, I think that It's about the test center but try to do not things that can be interpreted like cheating like using cell phone.
    MCP 70-270 / 70-290
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Wow, they're not even supposed to allow a cell phone in the room much less answering it. Definitely turn your cell off next time. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    They ask me if I have a cell phone to place it in the locker. Supposed not to even bring it inside.
  • ddoudddoud Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to empty all my pockets and place everything in a backpack and they locked the zipper. I was able to take it with me but it was locked. They did give me a dry erase marker and a pad to write on. Keeps the honest people honest.
    Darren
    Phil 4:13
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ddoud wrote:
    I had to empty all my pockets and place everything in a backpack and they locked the zipper. I was able to take it with me but it was locked. They did give me a dry erase marker and a pad to write on. Keeps the honest people honest.

One of the places I go is like that, and the other doesn't really care. I took out all my stuff to give to her, and she's like, "I really don't feel comfortable taking people's stuff" icon_lol.gif