Options

Limit bandwidth of traffic for spec. ports

datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
Is there a way to limit the amount of bandwidth traffic uses, based on ports? I am using an ASA5505 not sure which version of IOS.

What my issue is – I have a few programmers who always performance sql maintenance during day hours, so they do not have to work after hours. So what I want to do is limit the amount of bandwidth sql uses, to say only about 64kbps, or there about.

Is there an easy way I want to achieve this on my ASA?

Thank you,
Arrakis

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can do this with Policing and rate limiting. Look up QoS/MPF (Modular Policy Framework) etc. to learn how to create a class-map to define the traffic (most easily with an ACL applied into the class map), then a policy-map to set the rate limits and apply them to your interface.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    Ahriakin wrote:
    You can do this with Policing and rate limiting. Look up QoS/MPF (Modular Policy Framework) etc. to learn how to create a class-map to define the traffic (most easily with an ACL applied into the class map), then a policy-map to set the rate limits and apply them to your interface.
    Thank you for the insight. I will have to check this out.

Cheers!!!!
    Arrakis