Options

Job Offer

IT Engineer. Much more than my current salary, I think I'm gonna take it. I wonder if it was the CCNA that put me over the edge. Now how do i handle resignation?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Whoa information overload :D

Congrats on the offer!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    oo_snoopyoo_snoopy Member Posts: 124
    zen master wrote:
    IT Engineer. Much more than my current salary, I think I'm gonna take it. I wonder if it was the CCNA that put me over the edge. Now how do i handle resignation?

I would say it's that BS ;)
    I used to run the internet.
  • Options
    zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
    oo_snoopy wrote:
    zen master wrote:

I would say it's that BS ;)

Oh yeh, I definitely wouldn't even have been considered without it, but a few years ago, minus the experience and the CCNA I couldn't get through the door edgewise.
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    more than likely the BS. You probably are a good interviewer as well. Always put a two week notice inwriting. If they have a replacement for you already, try to get him up to speed and make the transition as soon as possible. You should then be golden for future references
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Yep...I've been in your position with not a whole lot of experience and my degree/interviewing skills got me the jobs. Certs gave a little hand too :) . right out of college I got the cold shoulder when I decided to switch I.T. fields, but I found myself a year later negotiating with those same employers, turning down interviews, etc.

As far as the resignation, it depends on your relationship with management. In my previous jobs, I had a good relationship with my management, so I would hold a meeting with them and tell them face to face. Don't burn any bridges and express your thankfulness for them giving you the opportunity, blah, blah, blah. Make them fell like you are leaving as a "product" of their organization. If the relationship isn't that personal, an email with the same information would do.

They might take it well at first, but then you may start getting the negotiations coming for you to stay. Be ready for this and if you truly want this new job, don't give in no matter what. In the end, if you take it, things will be kind of different since you threatened to leave...but on the other hand some make out good because the organization now values them a lot more and will take them more seriously.

I'm sure you will be alright though. Good luck and congratulations!!!
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)