Options

A+ exams and Win2K, Server 2K

gregrnelgregrnel Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just purchased the Preplogic practice exam for essentials, I have passed Microsoft Win XP Pro(270) and Server 2003 (290). It seems there's a lot of questions about 2K and Server 2K which I find fairly confusing seeing how I have Pro and 2003 down pat. Are ther really that many 2K, Server 2000 questions on the exam? That just seems so 1999 to me, what companies are still using these anymore anyway?

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Still plenty of companies out there that use 2000, and even a few still have 9x in the mix. If you know XP there should be any problems with 2000 as they're pretty similar.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    undomiel wrote:
    Still plenty of companies out there that use 2000, and even a few still have 9x in the mix. If you know XP there should be any problems with 2000 as they're pretty similar.

Agreed.

Shouldn't be confusing, what you can do in 2000 you can do in 2003 (with a few exceptions...nothing that should worry you for A+). Likewise, those who knew W2K well had little problem making the transition to XP.

As far as which companies are still using these??? Plenty. Why is that relevant to what you'll need to know based on the objectives? Just because an OS is too old to you (and this applies to hardware) doesn't mean you should turn the business away...as a tech, you SHOULD WANT to know these things.

Besides....it's the A+ not an MS exam.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?