Options

70272 exam was today

Clarky321Clarky321 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
and i passed with a score of 723. So that makes me a MCDST! If there wasnt so many questions Internet Explorer, might have failed. ! I found this website quite useful to guide me in the right direction and interested in seeing others experiences with the exams - so thanks.

Can anyone recommend what the best logical step would be to further my studies now to the next level above MCDST!?

Comments

• Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I would say go for the Vista exam. Or maybe head towards to MCSA....depends on what you want to do.

I'm gonna sit the 70-270 exam by the end of Sept. After that I plan on doing 70-290 & 291 and going for the MCSA Security.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    Clarky321Clarky321 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds good - looks like you have it all planned out. What does the 70-270 entail and does that give you an accredited title like "MCP" or "MCDST"?
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    You get MCP status. It is installing, configuring and administering XP Professional. Having already taken the 70-272, you'd probably be familiar with a lot of the topics.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clarky321 wrote:
    Sounds good - looks like you have it all planned out. What does the 70-270 entail and does that give you an accredited title like "MCP" or "MCDST"?

i believe you are considered MCP just by passing any MC test
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Passing any one Microsoft exam gets you the MCP certification. Taking a VISTA exam gets you the MCP and MCTS credentials.
    As far as your path, it depends on what you want to do. If you like helpdesk work, you might consider some CompTIA certs. A+ and Network+ are good to have. They can get your foot in the door as well as give a solid foundation for tech work. If you are interested in systems administration, then the MCSA would be a good track to work on.
    Being in IT is like being a doctor, there are many paths available.