Inter-vlan Routing + Transparent Firewall

ciscomciscom Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there!

Im not a ccnp nor cccie, but i have a question that I thought you, the experts, could throw me some light.

Is it possible to make a transparent Firewall between a Trunk link?? But not with a PIX, instead with a linux Box. Where I can get documentation?

Comments

• ciscomciscom Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gif

Well thxs anyways.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why are you getting pissed that you posted a non-Cisco query in a CCIE forum and didn't get a reply? Besides being in the wrong section this is not a tech-support forum, though people often post real world issues they are answered out of courtesy and usually only if relevant to the forum topics - this was neither.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Besides being in the wrong section this is not a tech-support forum,

Agree, and to the OP, just because you don't know something, doesn't mean it's difficult, Cisco experts just look and grind.

But I'll give you a link to something for which I think you're trying to do:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/examples.html#wp1010056

cheers,
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The answer is you should be able to. A VLAN just appears as another network device. Google for documentation.
    Well, actually im not pissed off. I deleted the lines of comments before the "well thnx..." that said:

I think this not the right forum to ask for this kind of topic, sorry guys. OOPs!

then the:
    icon_eek.gif

Well thxs anyways.

Dont get mad at me.

And in the beginning what I was trying to ask if some of you guys had experiences with the before mentioned scenario.

Secondly, I asked where I can get documentation...I didn't asked for any "tech support". That would be like "I configured this or that and I am getting errors, help me!!!". See?

Anyways, I appreciate everyones posts. Specially bighornsheep (Thanks for the link, very helpful) and tiersten.

PD Im going to try different virtualized and real scenarios, If everything goes as expected I will post the results.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ciscom wrote:
    PD Im going to try different virtualized and real scenarios, If everything goes as expected I will post the results.

thats your homework, i expect a full report on all of our virtual desks tommorow AM start of business :)
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ciscom wrote:
    Well, actually im not pissed off. I deleted the lines of comments before the "well thnx..." that said:

Ah, fair enough, it just looked a bit narky as written above.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?