CEH & Work

I am thinking of going for my CEH after I complete my 70-351 exam, however I have always wonder how does current/potential employers see you having the CEH cert? Is there any backlash that comes with it, because when people hear the term "hacker" they see it in a negative light. So am I wondering if anyone knows of or has had experienced any kind of negative backlash from gaining your CEH?
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah I wish they would just let everyone choose between CEH or "Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)" which is what anyone who works for the government and takes the exam gets to claim it as. Except for the title the certs/tests are 100% identical.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can always leave it off your resume. Put if on if you're applying for a security position where it will benefit you and leave it off if you're applying for a job helping senior citizens dial in to AOL on Win95.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    ... a job helping senior citizens dial in to AOL on Win95.
    Oooh, sounds exciting; where can I get me one of those?!
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    IT_Admin wrote:
    I am thinking of going for my CEH after I complete my 70-351 exam, however I have always wonder how does current/potential employers see you having the CEH cert? Is there any backlash that comes with it, because when people hear the term "hacker" they see it in a negative light. So am I wondering if anyone knows of or has had experienced any kind of negative backlash from gaining your CEH?

There can be backlash and preemptive strikes. A friend of mine wasn't allowed to take the exam. His VP told their group they would be fired if they took it. I'll hold my comments on that.
  • zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
    I'm almost tempted not to even bother to try to pass this exam. This course just seems useless and problematic.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    astorrs wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

You should work here, that sounds like half the managers icon_lol.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    astorrs wrote:
    dynamik wrote:

It would be in Ashburn, Virginia....right outside Washington, DC. They have a very large campus. icon_lol.gif

The shooting range is right down the road so that you can take out your frustrations. icon_cool.gif

Hell................I do and I don't even work for AOL.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.