Professional Wrestling

gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering how many people were\are into watching professional wrestling? What was your favorite wrestler.

I loved watching if through high school and college. I thought Chris Jericho was great (hence the sn)

Comments

• mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I used to watch it when I was a kid. It became too much like a soap opera and i just lost interest. The Ultimate Warrior was by far the greatest ever.
    Working on Linux+
  • Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I watched like 7 years ago. Back in the day with The Rock and Stone Cold and when Kane wore a mask and the original DX
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I was a fan back in the day... Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Rowdy Piper, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka...

Now, it is a male soap opera complete with love stories... not interested
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Well ya know mean gene....

I'll admit I like it, it's my soap. Yeah, we all know it's fake....but it's entertaining for me if I'm bored.

Stone cold, The Rock, and John Cena, ultimate warrior, the hulkster are a few of my favs. So take your vitamins and say your prayers Brother!

hulk%20hogan.jpg
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    This is from another board I frequent.

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/hot-stove/65503-talk-wrasslin-chakal.html

The guy that started the topic has been in wrestling for 10 years.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Used to watch it with my brother* years ago for a bit of a laugh when The British Bulldog was about. I grew up and went to the same school as he did in the UK, and his parents still live round the corner from my folks (and they are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet). Was really gutted when he died.

Can't be bothered with it now, it's gone way too silly - or perhaps I'm too old now to enjoy it?

*PS. Do not - under ANY circumstances - attempt to copy the moves or you may accidentally injure your younger brothers arm. (It was an attempted - failed - British Bulldog 'Running Powerslam')
    icon_redface.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I used to be really into it. The glory days were the 80's and 90's. I tried getting back into it but stopped a little while ago. I went back into it mainly for the story lines and the "what is going to happen next" anticipation. Now it is all about MMA.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    larrydaman wrote:
    I was a fan back in the day... Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Rowdy Piper, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka...

OMG...LOL...what about the Nature Boy??? :D
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cbigbrick wrote:
    larrydaman wrote:

OMG...LOL...what about the Nature Boy??? :D

Flair was my wifes favorite. she loved when he flopped to the mat randomly during matches and all his woo'ing
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My friend actually started a local fed recently...live events every month and locally televised shows every Sunday. I go to the live shows because it is good fun, but I can't watch it on TV or anything.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Loved it when the ultimate warrior and co were about when i was a kid. Then i watched it again in the late 90's when it was the greater power story. Both was good stuff imo.....ITS ME AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALLLL ALOOONG!!!! icon_lol.gif ...Happy days...

Now its crap.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow. A lot of body contact between two (or more) sweaty dudes was never too appealing to me. I'm glad it works for you guys though ;)
  • learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    dynamik wrote:
    Wow. A lot of body contact between two (or more) sweaty dudes was never too appealing to me. I'm glad it works for you guys though ;)

What's wrong with you??? I'm a HUGE fan of Starman.
    Pro_Wrestling_nes_screenshot.png
  • RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To be the man, you had to beat the man. And Ric Flair, the Nature Boy himself, was the man!!!
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    dynamik wrote:

What's wrong with you??? I'm a HUGE fan of Starman.

Starman was the best!
  • vsmith3rdvsmith3rd Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)
    2. The Four Horseman (originally Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair)
    3. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
    4. Andre the Giant
    5. Hulk Hogan
    Certified Lunatic.
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    Doink the Clown. Enough said
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was into it when I was around 5, UFC is where it is at now though.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Same as most here...I was an absolute devotee to the WWF....I truly believed the moves were real. I even wrestled with my friends until I was in my early 20s....I knew they were fake at that point, but still thought it was cool. As mentioned, The Rock was awesome, and the also the 4 Horseman, Hulkster, etc.......

Nowadays, I don't watch it all....it's been completely blown out of coolness...

UFC is by far the best fighting organization along with the WEC...and Affliction aint that bad either, although I'd like to see Fedor prove himself more, and with better opponents. The fight between Brock and Randy is a joke IMO.....Brock needs to fight others before he gets a title shot, and Couture stands a good chance to get knocked out and look real stupid.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    Ricka182 wrote:
    The fight between Brock and Randy is a joke IMO.....Brock needs to fight others before he gets a title shot, and Couture stands a good chance to get knocked out and look real stupid.....

TRUE that! Too bad Andrei Arlovski quit the UFC, I would have loved to see him and Lesnar go at it. I also agree that Couture has a very good chance of being laid out unless he wraps Brock up like a pretzel... But good luck with that...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Ricka182 wrote:
    The fight between Brock and Randy is a joke IMO.....Brock needs to fight others before he gets a title shot, and Couture stands a good chance to get knocked out and look real stupid.....

TRUE that! Too bad Andrei Arlovski quit the UFC, I would have loved to see him and Lesnar go at it. I also agree that Couture has a very good chance of being laid out unless he wraps Brock up like a pretzel... But good luck with that...

Yep. Seeing as how I'm from Minnesota, one would think I would be bias in favor or Lesnar (considering he wrestled at the U and tried out for the Vikings).....but I'm not. Let's be real, he's only 1-1 in UFC and doesn't deserve a title shot yet. He submitted at 1:30 in the first round against Frank Mir and lost his very first match 7 months ago. He did look alot better his second fight. Considering he outweighs couture by some 45 lbs of pure muscle, it should be interesting though. Who knows...
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Midnight express!!! (where's my tennis racket?)

Best thing about wrestling now is to watch imitators on Max X injure themselves doing stupid stunts off the roof of their house.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I watch regularly honestly.. I respect the athleticism involved even though some of the rivalries and matches are kinda lame.. though they do surprise me once in a while...
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I saw a guy giving autographs next to my car a few weeks ago at a restaurant. I asked some little kid who he was and he said Jeff Hardy or Hart, i couldnt tell. I guess im not a big fan. He said hi to me and i returned the politeness.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WWF or as i call it World Acting Association, i liked it as a kid, Macho Man,Rody piper interviews in the snake pit and Billy Jack Haines were my favorite.

After i realised it was all acting i got into boxing, mainly the heavy weights Tyson, Riddock Bow, Hollyfield etc....

Then came the real deal, UFC, havent looked back,im addicted....My moneys on the Iceman tomorrow night.Cant wait for BJ Penn vs JSP, Couture vs Lesnar, hopefully Couture Vs Nuigara
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Brock needs to fight others before he gets a title shot, and Couture stands a good chance to get knocked out and look real stupid.....
    I dont think Couture could ever look silly looking at what he's done.It's a big pay day and thats what he's after.

Arlovski was all hype, watch his last 2 fights against Silva, boring, he had nothing to offer.Couture is all class, he's brawled with the big guys before and can never be counted out.
    Couture is alot older and alot lighter than Lesnar, to the untrained it would seem to be a walk over for Lesnar especially if you look at how impressive Lesnar was in his last fight.
    Call me crazy but i really do see Couture controlling Lesnar on the ground, Couture is extremely strong and as the fight progresses Brock will get tired very fast given his size.
    Who would have guessed Couture could control Silva on his feet?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    EdTheLad wrote:
    My moneys on the Iceman tomorrow night.

Never was a fan of his, especially lately. In my opinion the way he wins is getting a lucky punch in while running. I look more for a guy who is willing to stand his ground and kick some ass while brawling.
    EdTheLad wrote:
    Arlovski was all hype, watch his last 2 fights against Silva, boring, he had nothing to offer.

First fight I think Arlovski just got lazy and Silva got lucky, but not a fan of Tim Silva here.
    I agree that the second was boring, but I think that has to do with so much being on the line, neither wanting to loose and both knowing they can be dropped by the other in one punch.
    EdTheLad wrote:
    Couture is all class, he's brawled with the big guys before and can never be counted out.
    Couture is alot older and alot lighter than Lesnar, to the untrained it would seem to be a walk over for Lesnar especially if you look at how impressive Lesnar was in his last fight.
    Call me crazy but i really do see Couture controlling Lesnar on the ground, Couture is extremely strong and as the fight progresses Brock will get tired very fast given his size.
    Who would have guessed Couture could control Silva on his feet?

I just don't see that happening. A guy that is about 229lbs vs a guy that walks around at 285lbs I do not see the little guy controlling jack. Especially when Lesnar isn't big because he is fat and the real fighting he has done before was college wrestling.
    Ricka182 wrote:

Yep. Seeing as how I'm from Minnesota, one would think I would be bias in favor or Lesnar (considering he wrestled at the U and tried out for the Vikings).....but I'm not. Let's be real, he's only 1-1 in UFC and doesn't deserve a title shot yet. He submitted at 1:30 in the first round against Frank Mir and lost his very first match 7 months ago. He did look alot better his second fight. Considering he outweighs couture by some 45 lbs of pure muscle, it should be interesting though. Who knows...

Yeah, he lost to Mir, but barely. He was kicking that guys arse all over the octagon, and then he made a stupid rookie mistake by dropping his guard, and giving up his leg. It doesn't matter how strong you are, when you're ankle is about to snap, you'll tap tap tap......I'm way more impressed by Lesnar than I am by that phony Kimbo Slice. His internet videos are a joke, and against complete bums, his pro fights are against bums, and the one time he did lose on the street...gee, I wonder where that video went...

I'll also say this, tomorrow night, Liddel has his work cut out for him. Evans is no joke. And to finish....at UFC 90, I'm feeling bad for the sacrifice of Patrick Cote, who doesn't stand a chance against Anderson Silva.......that guy is nasty.
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Ricka182 wrote:

Yeah, he lost to Mir, but barely. He was kicking that guys arse all over the octagon, and then he made a stupid rookie mistake by dropping his guard, and giving up his leg. It doesn't matter how strong you are, when you're ankle is about to snap, you'll tap tap tap......I'm way more impressed by Lesnar than I am by that phony Kimbo Slice. His internet videos are a joke, and against complete bums, his pro fights are against bums, and the one time he did lose on the street...gee, I wonder where that video went...

I'll also say this, tomorrow night, Liddel has his work cut out for him. Evans is no joke. And to finish....at UFC 90, I'm feeling bad for the sacrifice of Patrick Cote, who doesn't stand a chance against Anderson Silva.......that guy is nasty.

Personally I wouldn't call tapping out at 1:30 in the first round of fight because your ankle is about to be snapped barely losing. Excatly, it doesn't matter how big you are. If Lesnar can learn some submissions and get better and striking and not make mistakes he can be very dangerous. He hasn't thrown too many punches or kicks in either fight.
    I only call it barely, because I think with a little more experience, he would have killed Mir. Yeah, he tapped out, as I would have too in that hold....but I've always felt submissions were somewhat of a cheap way out of a fight. Not to say there not impressive, or easy to pull on an opponent, but I would be more entertained seeing two guys simply beat the crap out each other. Regardless, submissions are part of MMA, and it's all good to watch....
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    EdTheLad wrote:
    My moneys on the Iceman tomorrow night.
    Never was a fan of his, especially lately. In my opinion the way he wins is getting a lucky punch in while running. I look more for a guy who is willing to stand his ground and kick some ass while brawling.

We'll i lost my money, but the only one willing to fight was Chuck, lucky punch and thats it.
    Evans remains a joke in my opinion, jumping around never coming forward, at least when Chuck fights he mixes it up attacking and defending.
    Looking forward to Chucks next fight, cant say the same for Evans.
    All in all, UFC88 didn't live up to expectations, Matt Hamil was very disappointing
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$