Passed Core, Failed OS.. laptop damaged

bignibigni Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the core test with 650, then failed the OS with 493... came home and ruined the dvd drive in my new laptop and now it won't even eject.

upset!

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First congrats on the Core pass, sorry to hear about the OS part. Just study a bit more, and now with the core pass, you can concentrate on OS. As far as the DVD, that just sucks' If there's a disc in the drive, you can eject it by sticking a paper clip in to the little hole on the front of the drive. Push slowly, and the drive will open a bit, allowing you pull it the rest of the way. If it's new equipment also, it should be under warranty, unless you threw the machine.......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats on the Core Part!
  • bignibigni Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried the emergency eject. No Luck.

there is no disc inside. i was talking to the tech support about the laptop panel not showing up. Aparantly it had to do with a little nob. While I was on the phone searching for that nob... i popped the dvd rom out, and smashed it with my leg. Then I tried to force the tray in, causing more damage. The waranty will not cover any damage inflicted through poor handling by the user.

Now I need to find a cheap voucher and retake my test on Friday. As for the DVD rom, I am just going to leave it for now and deal with it later. Who knows what else might go wrong if I try to open up the laptop and fix it manually today. (Although, technically, I am A+ hardware certified)
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Ya know, after a day like that, which I had when I first passed core and failed os, then broke a window(not a dvd, but it still sucked), I always say....bottoms up! have a beer. Not sure of which to choose, BeerTutor can help you there.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bignibigni Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hahaha nice, only I am under-aged. So you had a similar experience eh?
    I got shafted again, my laptop came only with 256MB RAM when I configured it 512MB. Guess I'd have to ship the system back. Anyhow, I am just going to concentrate on A+ right now.

Btw, does anyone here live by Waterloo area, or goes to University of Waterloo?