Won a bootcamp!

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Just wanted to make a public thank-you to InternetworkExpert. As part of their scholarship program, I came runner up and won their online 5-day bootcamp (sells for about $1000).

I have been pretty biased and will continue to be so, but so far I have been extremely happy with IE and their products. I have spent a good chunk of change with them between rack time and work books and classes, so it is nice seeing them give back to the IT community.

Comments

• damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice! Was it just a random drawing or did you have to do something?
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    You had to write an essay of kind of where you are in your career, where you want to go, etc. Didn't save a copy of it though.

First prize got a full end-to-end program. Even covered the flight to a class anywhere you wanted. Something like $15,000 worth total.
  • LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    You had to write an essay of kind of where you are in your career, where you want to go, etc. Didn't save a copy of it though.

First prize got a full end-to-end program. Even covered the flight to a class anywhere you wanted. Something like $15,000 worth total.
    Wait a minute... grand-prize = 15K and runner up = 1K? Thats a drop...

Congrats anyway though! Thats 1K you didn't have to spend out of pocket... :D
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Meh, better than nothing :D They didn't even say their would be a runner up prize, so I was surprised to see my name either way.
  • LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Meh, better than nothing :D They didn't even say their would be a runner up prize, so I was surprised to see my name either way.

Well then that is definitely a bonus... Enjoy man! Let us know how it goes.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Just wanted to make a public thank-you to InternetworkExpert. As part of their scholarship program, I came runner up and won their online 5-day bootcamp (sells for about $1000).

I have been pretty biased and will continue to be so, but so far I have been extremely happy with IE and their products.

Congrats, would be nice to see a write-up on your impression of their boot camp when done.
  • garry scootgarry scoot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh yes it is a good idea, i am planning to go for a boot camp as well closer to the labs, i cross my fingers and staying that my company will sponsor.

and awaiting your feedback.

BTW what are the best boot camps and how to select one? and how did you get enrolled to the IE boot camp program do they have that scholl again?
    Exams Sucks!!! But can't avoid...
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    That is fantastic news!
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.