BSCI

_maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
I took BSCI today and I didnt pass. I Received 744, passing is 790. It was my first attempt at it. I did worst on EIGRP and BGP.

Sims were cake.

I used CBT nuggets, cisco press exam cert guide, and Transcender.

I feel that if I re-read the cisco press chapters and re-watch the nuggets, I will pass on the next attempt. I'll let y'all know.

Do the other 3 exams get easier after BSCI? Also, which do you recommend I go for after BSCI?

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    _maurice wrote:
    Do the other 3 exams get easier after BSCI? Also, which do you recommend I go for after BSCI?

They do, although since GUI and security are not my cup of tea I thought the ISCW was just as hard. The BCMSN and ONT I thought were cake compared to the BSCI.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The difficulty is relative to your understanding of the material and no one else can really give you a good idea of how hard it will be for you.

Personally I found the BSCI to be the easiest of the exams so far (BCMSN, BSCI and ISCW). It was the exam most related to the work I was doing at the time I was studying so every thing was interesting and I learned a lot of practical stuff I could apply on a daily basis so I guess the material stuck. I found ISCW to be the hardest because I wasn't very interested in the SDM and it was hard for me to stay focused.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    try to read the study guide instead of the exam guide as it is more detailed
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    It took me roughly 5 days to recover mentally after passing the BSCI.. it's meant to be hard even if you work with it everyday.. though if you have worked with the stuff for *YEARS* then naturally it won't be as bad.
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate! sure you'll nail it soon.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • _maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
    I **** passed it! FINALLY! It was my fourth attempt at it, and I got an 866! I'm on to ISCW!!!!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and great perserverance! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congrats on the pass!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    _maurice wrote:
    passed it!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

You know the drill... CELEBRATE!!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! and as mike said beer.gif
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The BCMSN was a lot easier for me. Although, this all depends on your prior experience and what you find more interesting as previously mentioned. I like mls a lot so that kept me interested.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."