Options

Current Novell Exams

mookytcmookytc Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Been working in IT for over a year now. One client we support uses Novell. What are the Novell exams? I have been studying some old material and just want to make sure I am on the right path.

DC

Comments

• Options
    Appears to be Novell exam 050-686 is the one I want.

DC
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mookytc wrote:
    Appears to be Novell exam 050-686 is the one I want.

DC

That would be the exam to give you CNA. Good luck with it. If it's like it was when I did it in 1999 watch out. You will need significant hands on with Netware to pass that test comfortably. If you can't get that at work, try an evaluation server and read a great deal really understanding how to configure things with the utilities and how they work. You will need to get some theory down with permissions and such. But hands on is the key with that test. I had no hands on with Netware 5 at the time ( I was a 3.x guy and Netware 4/5/6 were very different) and for all the reading I did it still took me two goes to clear it. I did build an evaluation server at work but being so busy I really never had any useful time with it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Ironically my place of employment enrolled me in Cisco training classes. Needless to say I have my hands full.

Going to go down that path for the time being.

DC