holy payment plan batman!

damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Policy Change to Payment for CCIE Labs

In effort to improve the availability of CCIE lab exams Cisco has updated the CCIE lab payment process.

On September 6, 2008 the payment policy for CCIE labs will be as follows:

Payment in full is due 90 days (calendar) prior to your lab date. Payment must be received to confirm your date. After 90 days refunds will not be available for cancelled lab dates.

The change in this policy will allow for lab seats to be open in a timely manner and create more desirable time frames.

If you have questions or want to confirm you are within the 90+ day window please contact customer support.

Comments

• scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Didn't know they had payment plans for that...
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I suppose cisco are fed up with people cocking around taking lab dates and then cancelling them at the last possible minute. Many people grab slots that they are not going to be ready for. Hopefully this might help the waiting list problem to get a slot.
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i still don't know how i feel about this.

i have no problem with people grabbing a date. some folks need goals to work towards. it's human nature that not everyone meets the deadline, for lots of reasons---work interferences, money issues, family issues...and it's hard to plan around something 90 days in advance for lots of engineers....my employer, for one, is not in support of my quest at all, so i have to be careful how i schedule my date.

i don't know.....i can't see this helping anyone but cisco, really .
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    ugh.

On one hand, I am happy because now there isn't 4 months of slots of people who probably wont take the exam for a while (or ever).

At the same time, a lot can happen in 3 months. Basically saying you can't change your date or cancel in that time now.

It would be nice if they had a way to exchange dates with someone still.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can still schedule the lab 1 month ahead of time or 1 day(you just need to pay at the time you schedule), it won't really change anything but people sitting on all the lab dates.

I think it is a good idea
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I understand the logic behind it, but three months seems a bit excessive. What if you get ill, get in a car accident, etc.? Not being able to get a refund for an expensive exam would definitely add a little extra hurt to any misfortune. They should add an extenuating circumstances clause or something.
    ^ I would hope they would. Like if you had a funeral or something. They may force you to take the next available date or something.

I think this will free up a lot of spots though. For example, right now you can pretty much go and book any date within the next 28 days. I think this will make it so you can book any date in the next 90 (give or take a few dates I am sure).

Just sucks as I had sort have planned to spend $1400 in December, and now I have to come up with it in October (if I plan to keep my January date). Oh well, thats what credit cards are for lol
  • nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm assuming this is for NEW labs or Reschedules that are done the 6th of September. I've got my date booked for later this year, however wasn't looking at paying until closer to the date. Not intending on canceling the lab, just the way I've budgeted my expenses towards the Certification.

I just went through the Scheduling tool, still only mentions the 28 days policy, unlike the CCIE news page.
    CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
    http://blog.nullrouter.com
    nope, i just got this email:

Dear CCIE Lab Candidate.

On September 6, 2008 the payment policy for CCIE labs will change. The new policy is as follows:

Payment in full is due 90 days (calendar) prior to your lab date. After 90 days refunds will not be available for canceled lab dates.

The change in this policy will allow for lab seats to be open in a timely manner and create more desirable time frames.

Our records show that you have a lab scheduled 90 days or more from September 6, 2008. Please remit payment as soon as possible to secure your lab date. If payment is not received, your lab date will be canceled.

If you have questions or want to confirm you are within the 90+ day window please contact customer support.

Regards,
    The Cisco Career Certifications Team
    Ya I just got that email too lol

Nullrouter you should be getting an email soon. I would hope they give people who are between 28 and 90 days right now to have some grace, but if not you have until the 6th to pay and then your date is canceled.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GT-Rob wrote:
    I would hope they give people who are between 28 and 90 days right now to have some grace

He's the important part of the Lab Scheduled within 90 Days Version of the email....
    Since you have a lab date scheduled within 90 days of September 6 you will need to provide payment as soon as possible. If no payment information is received by 28 days before your lab date you will be dropped for non-payment.

Did I mention that I'm going to the lab sometime within the next 90 days? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote:

NO! icon_eek.gif

If I remember, you said you're doing the service provider. Is that still the plan?
    Mike is keeping secrets!! :P

well its good they still give you the 28 day limit still. I am sure if you tried to reschedule though you would be in the same boat as the 90+ days people.

umm....good luck!
    ahhhh....mike is creeping on us!

too bad Cisco Knows All... icon_twisted.gif

yeah it's good they're not just dropping folks...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    No, no one has mentioned that YOU, MIKE, ARE PLANNING TO DO THE CCIE LAB WITHIN THE NEXT 90 DAYS. Nope, hadn't heard that. icon_lol.gif

*Special thanks to the forum's iron-handed quote-police for bringing the need for this edit to my attention

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    GT-Rob wrote:
    Ya I just got that email too lol

Nullrouter you should be getting an email soon. I would hope they give people who are between 28 and 90 days right now to have some grace, but if not you have until the 6th to pay and then your date is canceled.

Yes I just got mine a few hours after posting the above
    Dear CCIE Lab Candidate.

On September 6, 2008 the payment policy for CCIE labs will change. The new policy is as follows:

Payment in full is due 90 days (calendar) prior to your lab date. After 90 days refunds will not be available for cancelled lab dates.

Since you have a lab date scheduled within 90 days of September 6 you will need to provide payment as soon as possible. If no payment information is received by 28 days before your lab date you will be dropped for non-payment.

The last sentence kinda implies I still have the 28 day rule...

Too be quite honest I'm not all that worried... the Sydney lab always has 1 or 2 spots free, even within two weeks from today.
    CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
    http://blog.nullrouter.com
    Ya a lot of them are like that.

In fact, from what I have seen with San Jose, you can have just about any date you want within the next 28 days. Then its booked solid for 5 months after that though.

Maybe this will make it so you pretty much have any date you want in the next 90 days (give or take), as everyone will just keep pushing back still.

Either way, I think I am going to keep my date as is, and just pay for it when needed. I think it might help me to know that I have 3months left and I cant change, and keep me on track.